TPC Ltd is one of the fast growing sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic Tanzanians to fill job vacancies position below in the Garage and Transport Department……
Reports to the: Civil & Rail Engineering Manager
Core Job Description: Basic repair and maintenance tasks including Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry Masonry and Painting works for company buildings and equipment or appliances.
- Fixing or repairing leaking plumbing fittings and system where necessary.
- Quickly, carefully and accurately fix or repair of simple electrical defects in the houses and offices.
- Quickly, carefully and accurately fix or repair of simple carpentry problems in the houses and offices.
- Attend simple masonry and painting touch ups where necessary.
- Responding to clients’ repairs and maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Performing repairs on company machinery, equipment and appliances.
- Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs.
- Conduct performance assessment of company appliances such as refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, ovens, coffee makers, ice makers, etc.
- Provide clients with support and guidance on maintaining their appliances and equipment.
- Keeping and taking care of all the working tools or equipment assigned to him/her. Make sure they are safely kept and in good working condition all the time.
- Ensuring that he/she reports in time to working place, works diligently, cleans the site before leaving and observes the working hours.
- Ensuring that he/she wears the proper personal protectives for his/her own safety and should observe the safety of others on the workplace.
- Reporting timely and follows up the works that are above his level for further technical support.
- Performing any other related job as would be assigned by respective supervisors
- Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills.
- Solid experience with plumbing and electrical systems.
- Detail -oriented with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Holds a valid motorcycle driving license.
Standard seven (7) or Form four (4) certificate, CBET level ll/lll or a combination of relevant academic qualifications in plumbing or Electrical or Carpentry with minimum 2-3 years’ experience in real estate/facility repairs and maintenance.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for this position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. We thank you all in advance for your applications, BUT only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. “If you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Human Resources Executive Officer,
P. O. Box 93,
The deadline for submitting the application is 01st November, 2021.