Head; Legal Job Vacancy
NMB Bank PLC
Dar es Salaam
NMB Bank PLC
Close to You
Job Location :
Responsible for ensuring that the Bank has effective Legal and Regulatory risk control frameworks and processes per the Bank’s strategic direction.
– Responsible in restructuring the Legal department by clearly defining departmental roles and aligning them to business goals
– Define the strategic direction for the Legal function within the Bank
– Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the Bank’s legal and regulatory framework.
– Represent the Bank in all Legal related matters and ensure the best interest of the business is embedded in good faith.
– Manage relationships with external counsels and monitor their performance using best supplier management practices.
– Support business in the effective management of Legal matters and ensure the Legal Control resources are always sufficient, and capable to deliver on all key elements.
-Ensure the Legal related matters are well managed and monitored within an acceptable level, timely and proactively advise the management on the appropriate course of action.
– Attend governance meetings as required by the Bank policies.
– Comply with the procurement policy of the Bank on all legal matters.
– Effective management of the relationship with key country legal bodies and external counsels
– Pro-active and timely identification and management of legal risk arising in the conduct of business in Tanzania.
– To ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place and embedded to meet company, legal and local regulatory requirements.
– Participate in drafting and review of contracts, leases, policies, procedures, and other legal documents.
– Monitor costs by tracking internal and external spending including all invoices received from external counsels.
– Monitor and follow up on new laws and amendments to relevant sources such as Government Gazettes and media.
– Reshape and reorganize the function and ensure it gives optimal support to business units.
– Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Business understanding of the domestic legal framework, and business legal risks
Understanding and application of Criminal, Civil, Labor, Corporate and Commercial laws.
Excellent attention to details
Ability to multitask and work well in teams
Influencing skills and assertiveness
Great ability to listen, learn and open-minded
Highest integrity, morals and ethics, honest and responsible
Leadership and people management skills (Coaching, mentorship)
Positive interpersonal relationships
Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor of Laws (LLB), A Master of Laws (LLM) and a Practicing Advocate
Minimum of 10 years’ corporate legal experience in core Legal function preferably in the Banking and Finance Industry.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 October 2022
CLICK HERE TO APPLY