Yetu Microfinance Bank is recruiting for an experienced, motivated and hands-on to fill the job vacancies below….
Job Summary: The incumbent will be responsible to ensure the Company complies with laws and regulation of the country and provide advice to management and Board on legal matters as well as protect and defend the Company from legal liabilities. Ensure that criminal cases are properly handled at police and court levels.
1. Responsible for filing returns to various authorities in accordance to legal and regulatory requirements;
2. Preparing, executing and filing of the Company’s Annual Returns, Returns of Allotment of Shares, Forms of termination and appointment of Directors and Secretaries
3. Preparing, executing and filing of the Company’s Annual Returns, Returns of Allotment of Shares, Forms of termination and appointment of Directors and Secretaries;
4. Updating the Company’s MEMARTS and files the amendments together with its approved Resolution with the Registrar of Companies
5. Draft security documents and ensure they are properly executed and filed with the Registrar of Companies after approvals;
6. Research on the new laws and prepare a quarterly report on changes on legislations and submit to the Management and the Board;
7. Provide advice and legal opinion on legal and governance matters to management and Board meetings;
8. Notify Management and Board on relevant legislations and implications to the internal policies and procedures and to the business in general
9. Advise Management and Board on changes that will need to be made to comply with new legislations
10. Provide advice and legal opinion on legal and governance matters to management and Board meetings
11. Follow up on shareholder’s resolutions and Board directives and provide feedback
12. Organize Annual General Meetings, write and keep minutes of the board and Annual General Meeting
13. Take custody of shareholder’s registry at bank’s level
14. Prepare procedures for the prevention and resolution of disputes and ensure the Company interests are adequately addressed;
15. Provide legal protection and risk management advise to management particularly relating to contracts management
16. Timely and accurately prepare and register security documents
17. Act as the Bank’s legal counsel and main representative in all legal matters concerning the Bank.
18. Manage the Legal team’s performance develop and implement plans to ensure productivity and efficiency.Qualifications and Experience:
At least a Bachelor Degree in Law and Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania. Possession of a Master’s degree in law or Business Administration will be an added advantage
Minimum of 7 years of work experience in Law with an intense background in litigation, police work experience is an advantage.
Understanding of BOT and CMSA Regulations, DSE Rules, Employment & Labour Relations Act.
How to apply
Please send an updated CV in pdf format to email@example.com with a subject APPLICATION FOR POSITION OF HEAD OF LEGAL SERVICES.
Deadline April 15, 2021.