RE – ADVERTISE JOB VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMENT
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works and Transport which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland. Apart from this is also responsible in conducting Axle Load Control Operations and Airport Construction.
Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the FOR CONSTRUCTION OF MBAMBE BRIDGE (81M) AND ITS APPROACH ROADS (3.0 KM) TO BITUMEN STANDARD CONTRACT NO: TRD/HQ/1037/2022/23/CR/W/64
As a measure to strengthen Capacity of discharging TANROADS’ functions effectively, the Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Coast, on behalf of Chief Executive, seeks to recruit qualified and competent Tanzanian Citizen to fill Vacancy posts for the specific duties on short term basis.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill vacancies in the Region. Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerable length of time in Coast Region within the project area when situations warrant.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Appointment will be on Contract Terms of One (1) year renewable subject to satisfactory performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
HIGHWAY ENGINEER (1 Post)
- The Highway Engineer shall be fully responsible for the supervision of the construction in accordance with the provision of Contract.
- He/She shall supervise the construction works with due diligence and efficiency and in accordance with sound technical, administrative, financial and economic practices.
- He/She shall perform all duties associated with such tasks to ensure that only the best construction practices are followed and that the final product is in all respects equal to, or better than that specified, at the most economic costs and is carried out in full compliance with the governing specifications.
- She/He must be a registered Professional Civil Engineer with a degree in Civil Engineering or Highway Engineering.
- Postgraduate qualification in Highway Engineering is an added advantage.
- She/He must have a minimum of Seven (7) years of experience related to road design and construction.
- He/She must have served in a similar capacity on at least two (2) projects for construction of Bituminous roads of similar magnitude and complexity in the last 7 years.
- She/He duties shall comprise road surveys, construction of pavement structures, measuring of quantities and management of site operations.
- In addition, He/She must have a working experience of at least 3 years in Sub-Sahara countries.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
Applicants must attach an up – to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts: postal address/post code, e – mail and telephone numbers
Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates:
Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
Submission of the following documents is strictly not acceptable;
Form IV and Form VI results slips;
Testimonials and all partial transcripts
An applicant should indicate three relevant referees with their reliable contacts;
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary, Advanced level or universities/colleges should be authenticated by the National respective organs (NECTA, NACTE or TCU)
A signed APPLICATION LETTER should be in English
ANY ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Deadline for the submission of application is 19th May, 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be informed for interview and;
Presentation of forged certificates and other information will render to necessitate legal action;
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW:
P 0 BOX 30150,
NOTE: Hand delivery shall NOT be accepted
Leave a Reply