Position Title: Human Resource Officer
Reports to: Program Manager
Division : Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Job Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
Grade Level: 5 N
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is responsible for the administration and management of staff welfare and supports recruitment including conducting (QC) quality control of HR documents and procedures. The HR Officer operates as a generalist and carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resources Information System (HRIS), supports recruitment and retention, employee relations, training and development and benefits administration. The HR Officer manages the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs. The Human Resources Officer coordinates implementation of services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff.
- Develop, update and ensure effective implementation of new hires on-boarding and training programs.
- Conduct new hire on boarding ensuring the new hires have understood the policies and procedures, sign offs and other on boarding materials.
- Conduct quality check before a new employee reports to work by verifying the Certificate of Good Conduct/Police Clearance Certificate/MIE and conduct background checks and Hire right for international staff.
- Create, arrange and maintain recruitment records per CWS Africa policy
- Create and maintain physical personnel files for TZ-Sub Office staff and file any relevant documentation
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of employee data regarding initial hire, transfers, promotion and terminations, on to the established Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), and ensure the same is captured in the payroll system.
- Work with HR Assistant to ensure staff list (for CWS Africa staff) is up to date when there have been staff changes (new hires, promotions, deletions, etc. and save the same on the file server by end of every month.
- Ensure statutory documents are provided and relevant forms filled by the new hire.
- Administers staff pension scheme, ensuring completeness of relevant documents and liaising with finance payroll processing contact and fund administrator. Ensure pension forms have been submitted to the fund administrator before the payroll is concluded.
- Work with Unit heads in regards to updating the JDs, placing adverts and take through the entire recruitment and hiring process including participating in interviews. Prepare staff contracts and monitor expiry of the same. Liaise with managers/head of units to update them of the same.
- Work with Unit Supervisors, to identify and notify staff in advance of the contracts that are not being renewed.
- Oversee CWS Africa staff medical and other insurance coverage. This includes but not limited to enrolment, deletions, issuance of medical cards, trainings, debits, credits, evacuations.
- Ensure staff receive relevant and timely feedback regarding any changes requested on benefit covers
- Act as a point of contact between TZ Sub Office staff and benefit providers.
- Keep staff well informed on general benefit cover information or updates such as changes to Pension scheme rules and or Medical Insurance rules.
- Assist with selecting the appropriate vendors and benefit covers in the annual re-broke exercise Responsible for the editing, creation and maintenance of HR SOP’s that are aligned with CWS Africa policies as well as the domestic labor laws and standards of Tanzania
- Ensure field staff and any other traveling staffs are informed of the relevant travel vaccinations to be taken and facilitate the same for a group.
- Establish schedules for all medical and other insurance renewals, monitor and record timelines.
- Maintain an accurate staff/dependent medical list on monthly basis and update payroll office on the deductions to be made.
- Keeps a track of payments made to the different insurances on yearly basis. Share the payment report on quarterly basis.
- Work with HRM to ensure international staff/dependents have been enrolled on medical and other insurances accordingly and provide support to international staff in Africa.
- Develop process flow of all relevant HR processes and procedures including SOP and conduct training of the same.
- Track applicant flow, maintain eligibility list (in liaison with hiring manager) of qualified candidates for future consideration, help collect and analyze recruitment data.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned to ensure effective administration of CWS Africa Human Resources section so as to meet the program’s objectives and maintain high professional standards.
- Eight (8) years of paid work experience required.
- Two (2) years’ work experience in a HR position in a busy HR office is required.
- One (1) year experience managing medical and other staff insurance covers preferred.
- One (1) year managing recruitment both nationally and internationally preferred.
- Previous experience working with an International NGO strongly desired.
- A member of Human Resource Management association or related preferred.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skilled at learning new technologies quickly.
- Skilled at analyzing processes and translating them into automated solutions.
- Committed to exceptional customer service.
- Skilled at multi-tasking and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Skilled at working in a matrix structure. Highly collaborative.
- Committed to and conform with the organization’s mission.
The Human Resources Officer must have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English language;
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity of personnel records;
- Interpret and apply good HR practice and principles with good judgment;
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- Contribute to the US Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa and entire CWS Africa programs
- Demonstrated strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain high performance standards with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of CWS Africa.
- Understands how to deliver and support robust compensation & benefits programs.
- Has the ability to be a member of the HR Team that delivers and supports best practice employee relations to all staff.
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human resource management or related field Higher Diploma in Human Resource is strongly preferred.
- COVID Vaccination is strongly recommended for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for RSC Africa
- This position is based in (Kasulu, Tanzania)
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 February 2022.
The post Human Resource Officer at Church World Service February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.