Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Final date for application: 9 April 2023
Human Resources Officer (m/f/x)
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
The Human Resources (HR) Officer implements the HR tools that allow the creation of added value through our people and the realization of an engaging corporate culture – in order to support the realization of the vision and objectives of the organization. The HR Officer supports local management in the application of HR tools, the management of their employees and facilitates change through tactical and strategic support – in order to maximize the potential of all field staff and ensures the administrative management of employees in accordance with the rules of the organization and the legal provisions of the country.
Main Duties of the Human Resources Officer:
- You manage the HR of both the Representation and the projects, in collaboration and partnership with local management and the HR Business Partners in Brussels in order to ensure consistent application of HR policies, practices, initiatives and to ensure the implementation of HR solutions that positively impact the organization ;
- You follow up the administrative HR management of national staff in order to create a dynamic of motivating support and a transparent administration, based on a coherent administrative framework that is in line with both the Enabel HR policies and national legislations ;
- You support the administrative processes relating to the HR management of international staff in Tanzania ;
- You actively promote Enabel’s HR vision and strategy and act as a trusted expert for any HR related questions the staff and management might have ;
- You support and accompany local management in their responsibility to develop their staff and to optimize each collaborator’s commitment to contribute to the positive engagement of each collaborator in the realization of the organization’s mission and vision.
The Human Resources Officer reports to the Resident Representative of Enabel in Tanzania.
Required qualifications and experience
- You hold a master’s degree.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Human Resources (administration, contract, payroll, recruitment, training, evaluation,..).
- An international experience (i.e. in the international development sector and outside your country) is an asset.
Required skills and knowledge
- You are a Tanzanian Citizen ;
- Proven knowledge of the applicable social and labour laws in Tanzania;
- Broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.) is an asset;
- Fully ICT literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) ;
- You show respect and are able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise;
- You show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity;
- You focus on results-oriented management;
- You are eager to take initiatives and you are proactive;
- You are flexible and can work in a changing environment;
- You are a team player;
- You have strong analytical and writing skills;
- You are fluent in spoken and written Swahili. English proficiency is required, considering the international environment in which you work. Knowledge of French is an asset.
We offer you
A fascinating job in an international environment.
An open-ended contract. You are based in Dar Es Salaam. Regular missions to the regions where we implement projects are required.
Start date contract is foreseen 01/05/23, with a trial period of 3 months.
A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary (Class 6) as well as benefits such as 13th month bonus. The exact salary will be defined according to the relevant recognised experience for the function.
This recruitment procedure consists of a shortlist of applicants, testing and final jury.
Our job openings are for all who fulfil the conditions in the job advertisement. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. Recruitment is solely on the basis of capacity.
Are you interested?
Apply here on-line with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by 9 April 2023.
Only applications that are registered here via our on-line portal will be considered.
Leave a Reply