Dar es Salaam
UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localized, and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives. Ubongo reaches over 31 million kids across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio, and mobile phones. Our shows Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 23 countries across Africa in multiple languages.
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
This role is an initial 6 months full-time consultancy that may evolve into a full-time employee role.
- Conduct threat and risk analysis of existing and potential new systems and technologies (including but not limited to a new data management platform, content server, AWS, Google Drive etc)
- Analyze the business impact of potential new and existing systems and technologies to eliminate risk, performance, and capacity issues
- Implement vulnerability assessments and configure audits of operating systems, web servers, and databases and detect patterns, insecure features, and malicious activities in the infrastructure.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis of our cyber security and virtual operations as Ubongo
- Upgrade systems by implementing and maintaining security controls
- Review and update our IT, Cyber Security, and all related policies for best practice
- Feedback to Ubongo on what we need to develop a comprehensive and long term IT strategy that can be easily implemented across all three entities
- Minimum BA in Computer Science
- Minimum 4 years experience in IT and Cyber Security Management
- System Administration
- Network security
- Problem solving
- Information security policies
- Network protocols
- Communication and handover
- Process improvement
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UBONGO provides equal employment opportunities to all its employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the laws of the country we are operating in.
Please note that only online applications will be considered. Those who come directly to the office with a CV or who email their CV to us will simply be directed to apply online.
So please save yourself time and effort by simply sticking to the online application. THANKS!
Leave a Reply