The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. The Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation. (https://alliancebioversityciat.org/)
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR (www.cgiar.org) a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
We are recruiting internship students for various positions as per below details:
Internship Student – Pathology Laboratory Assistants (Two (2) positions)
About the position
The Pathology Laboratory Assistant will provid esupport in studying the health of plants. He/she will help in identifying common bean diseases, pests, and other health problems a plant may experience.
- Support in tissue sampling and other routine tasks associated with experiments.
- Support in mechanical inoculation of virus, bacteria, fungi, oomycete, nematode and other pathogens in field, greenhouse, and growth chambers.
- Support the process of bioassays with insects/vectors.
- Support in routine data collection from various sized research projects and entry into enterprise systems.
- Support in preparation of clear, accurate, and concise reports of results, and communicating them to colleague or stakeholders.
- Perform or direct simple to complex molecular lab work.
- Perform data analysis using parametric and non-parametric statistical models.
- Review literature and stay up to date on the latest technologies.
General Qualifications and requirements:
- At least master’s degree in relevant field of study or completing master’s degree in relevant – field of study for each of the above positions.
- A successful internship student must be able to correctly operate and maintain specialized equipment such as thermal cyclers, spectrophotometers, water purification systems, and electrophoresis equipment.
- The internship student should be able keep detailed computer and laboratory records and generate reports.
Terms of Recruitment
This is a nationally recruited internship position based in Arusha, Tanzania. The internship contract will be for 3-monthperiod. The Alliance offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive stipend; we believe that the diversity of our staff contributes to excellence. The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender.
Internship Duration: Three months (initial with possibility to extend further). Desired start date: As soon as possible.
How To Apply
Alliance- Bioversity & CIAT is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.