Arusha & Mwanza
Logistics And Operations
Wasoko (“people of the market” in Swahili) is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. We are East Africa’s biggest digitized retail distribution platform powered by our own in-house logistics network. Tens of thousands of informal retailers across seven countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Ivory Coast, Senegal and Zambia) use Wasoko to order everyday essential goods and receive working capital financing.
The informal retailers of Africa today are the primary if not the only channel used by consumers to purchase essential goods worth over $600 billion per year. The fragmented infrastructure across large land mass, distributed but diverse population and rather a smaller basket size spend does not yet lend themselves to big basket retail or mass consumer eCommerce. Instead, the informal retail ecosystem is THE channel for building the plumbing for digital and consumer commerce across Africa.
This is Wasoko’s opportunity. Wasoko with its brand, scale and logistics network is best positioned to build the technology-leveraged rails to serve the 1+ billion African consumers through informal retailers. We are building a digital-first operating system for informal retailers, initially focusing on B2B distribution but quickly incorporating other tools and services to help communities across Africa get more for less.
Location: Tanzania: Arusha & Mwanza
Reporting into: Fulfillment Centre Supervisor
- Fulfilment at Wasoko is a fun, fast-paced, agile and people-focused business. We believe in the motto ‘We win through our people.’
- You will support and manage the Logistics team members in a branch, ensuring they have everything they need to achieve and maintain their optimal level of performance. At the same time, you will ensure that operational activities are in line with profit and cost targets, SOPs, WIs and company policies.
- This is a challenging role where you will have the opportunity to grow your career and be part of a strong team.
- You must enjoy being part of a dedicated team working together to make a difference in the lives of our customers and employees in relevant and memorable ways.
If you are looking for a change and ready to make a difference….We are looking for you. Direct Reports: Replenishment, Damages/Returns, Reconciliation. If this sounds like a team you would like to join… Keep reading.
- Ability to communicate well
- Ability to motivate and inspire others a must
- Goal oriented , assertive and a practical problem solver
- Ability to work effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- A good understanding of all inventory processes and procedures in a busy e-commerce fulfillment centre
- Extremely detail oriented and organized-yet can operate in a hectic environment
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time, and be comfortable squatting, kneeling, and crouching
- Working Hours – Shift work when required. Candidates must be flexible to work weekends, public holidays and/or overtime regularly.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all Warehouse Management System(WMS) questions, issues, and bugs
- Enforces all applicable OSHA and other regulatory rules, regulations, laws and standards
- Ensure the warehouse and inventory control areas are kept clean and organized. All inventory kept in its proper location and clearly labeled
- Effective leadership and direction for the team through involvement and communication to deliver on the relevant key business drivers
- Overall management and coordination of all WMS / IMS transactions i.e. receiving, movement, replenishment, returns etc
- Consolidate inventory snapshots and provide an up-to-date overall view of inventory levels in the fulfillment centre as well as at off-site locations, such as in-transit inventory
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of all inventory by performing daily audits and maintaining a comprehensive cycle count program
- Investigates and reviews the end result of all shrinkage, theft, or lost and found SKUs and makes corrections and adjustments in the WMS and documents recommendations for improvements and risk mitigation
- Deliver and document savings through inventory optimization, SKU transfer opportunities, service level commitments, cost avoidance, etc..
- Develop continuous improvement initiatives for efficient inbound tasks by identifying, implementing and managing optimal processes and procedures, to minimise costs and maximize output according to changing needs
- LOGs WMS Superuser and System Support – Answering questions from staff and supervisors regarding functionality.
- Triage errors in the WMS and develop solutions with the team on site. Escalate and troubleshoot system errors to the product and technical team
- Management reporting in terms of operational performance, productivity, stock control and budgets
- Provide closed-loop feedback and action items for continuous improvement projects/initiatives within the established timeframe.
- Relevant tertiary education i.e. HND or B.Sc in Supply Chain, Logistics, Procurement, Business Development, Statistics or Engineering
- 2+ years’ experience in directly and indirectly managing people to deliver continuous improvement. Preferred hands on ERP systems experience in a busy e – commerce / distribution set up or WMS / IMS implementation consultant
- You have in-depth knowledge of last mile logistics (fulfillment centre best practises and processes – prior experience working with Manhattan or Pulpo or equivalent highly desirable).
How To Apply