Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit an Issuing Officer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the supply department by insuring safe measuring, receiving and issuing of fuel and lubes are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Issuing Supervisor
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines
- To be responsible for the safety standards of goods stored and issued from facilities of Bulyanhulu Gold mine warehousing operations
- Take responsibility for the safe operation of all materials handling equipment used in issuing operations
- Ensure warehouse housekeeping and all activities are carried out to a standard that is conducive to ensuring an injury free workplace
- Ensure timely service to customers and that all transactions are accurately captured as soon as they are completed
- Ensure any stock returns are captured and reported in accordance with the procedure
- Maintain strong communication links with all customers and interfacing sections by assisting them to meet business objectives
- Participates in stock take both cyclic and periodic
- Performs reconciliation with end users on materials issued on staging basis
- Reconciles and acquits VMI picking slips within the respective period and cut-off dates as per the VMI management KPIs
- Performs any other function or assignment as delegated by the respective Leader
- Certificate in Warehousing or Materials Management
- Diploma in Materials Management will be advantageous
- Driving License minimum Class E and or certified to operate all appropriate materials handling equipment
- 1-2 Years previous Warehouse/Logistics experience
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to operate all appropriate materials handling equipment: eg, Forklift, mobile crane, carousel, trucks etc.
- Knowledge on basic MS Office applications – Outlook, Excel and Word in etc.
- Valid License to operate materials handling equipment minimum Class E
- Good Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Good Work Ethics
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 21st February 2022
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The post Issuing Officer at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.