Head Of Information Technology Department
Dar es Salaam
Akiba Commercial Bank PLC
HEAD OF ICT
- Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the position has accountability to ensure the provision of efficient technology services across the Bank, delivered through:
- Providing efficient implementation of specific technology projects.
- Providing efficient management of the technology department, ensuring a high level of service delivery.
- Managing relationships with IT vendors and service providers.
- Evaluation and management of information to support business decision making
- Identify innovation opportunities and become a trusted technology advisor to the Senior Management Team.
- Work closely with all departments in the Bank to ensure the technology strategy meets the long-term business strategy, which is built on digital delivery of consumer and commercial banking services.
- Will have primary responsibility for banking productivity applications, including development of CRM solutions.
- Manage the internal data environment as well as provide and support reporting or other data analytics solutions.
- Work closely with the Bank’s technology partners to ensure a consistent approach to banking technology.
- Measure, review and report on the technology performance of the bank against approved operating
- Plans as well as report on the execution of technology investment budgets.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures on all IT operations, including in particular back-ups and disaster recovery procedures.
- Drive alignment between business and technology in order to maximize return on technology investments.
- Provide leadership to the ICT team to ensure it is accountable for all technology supporting the businesses.
- Drive and embed a strong performance culture through inspiring, motivating and rigorous performance management discipline
- University Degree in IT/Computer Science or software engineering.
- Extensive experience with core banking solution implementation, with a proven delivery track record in similar roles and complexity.
- Experience in the T24 Banking solution and in the complete cycle of the Data Migration activities will be an added advantage.
- Solid experience in IT transformation projects.
- Pragmatic and hands on approach to problem resolution.
- Good understanding of processes in the banking industry plus, general knowledge of the regulatory environment shaping the industry.
- Ability to work with vendors and internal organization.
- Demonstrated ability to delivery product innovation and improved user experience.
- A strong internal network, providing the ability to navigate
- Global Technology and identify existing solutions for the business.
- Expertise in industry innovation and the ability to think strategically about how to create business-led solutions.
- Knowledge of data analytics and data management tools and processes.
- Knowledge of software development management of outsource development contracts.
- Strong project management skills and management of development, maintenance and support teams.
- Up-to-date with the current (and future) levels of IT security, threats, vulnerabilities that could impact the Bank’s digital and financial assets responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills
If you meet the above requirements and ready for great challenges, mail: Covering letter and Your Curriculum vitae to email@example.com by 31st May,2022