Support the development and ensure the availability of study data collection tools.
a. Provide oversight on quality data collection, collation, data entry, and analysis of results using statistical techniques and provide performance reports as required.
b. Provide supportive supervision for data collection and entry.
c. Conduct site visits as required for troubleshooting data issues.
d. Develop, Review, and Maintain copies of data collection forms (ensuring accurate updating as needed) and support documentation for data management.
e. Maintain database backup and filing systems for the study data
f. Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization, and data analysis
g. Participate in study data and progress reviews as required with the study coordinator and partners.
h. Ensure stock-taking and supply of data collection tools and/or forms is done in a timely manner.
i. The Data Officer will be responsible for providing high-quality data entry, data management, and quality control of data.
j. Responsible for conducting internal data quality assessments and developing data quality improvement plans related to data entered by nurses, counselors, peer educators, and others whose data pass through him/her before compilation at the regional level.
k. Responsible for providing technical assistance related to data entered using tablets. This will include training providers on how to enter data, providing assistance in troubleshooting errors in the field, and handling the electronic devices used for data collection.
l. The person in this position must be able to work independently, be experienced in data management using electronic devices, particularly Computers/tablets, and preferably be comfortable working in key population & services provision and outreach sites. In addition, he/she should maintain confidentiality of medical information. Client record forms must be kept where no client or other uninvolved staff has easy access to the data so as to maintain confidentiality and build trust from the clients.
n. Be responsible for running outputs and cross-checking with the original data source to ensure accuracy, and running reports for data management purposes on his/her assigned team.
o. And other work as directed by Project Manager
Qualification and Experience
Education and Experience
- Degree, Degree, Advanced Diploma or Certificate in Data Management, Computer Science, Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, or related field.
- 2 years experience in electronic Data Entry and cleaning preferred experience with HIV/AIDS programs.
- Preferred familiarity with MOHCDGEC/PEPFAR data systems including DHIS and DATIM
- Excellent computer skills, at minimum with Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding clients’ health status and sensitive information contained in data sources
- Experience working in key population programs is an added advantage
- Demonstrated ability in managing teams to achieve healthy results
- Ability to develop productive working relationships with counterparts and other agencies and organizations worldwide
- Aware of and sensitive to working in multiple socio-economic settings and with multicultural/behavioral groups
- Ability to interact well with all targeted groups and peer outreach workers by facilitating a non-judgemental, non-discriminatory, non – stigmatizing environment in the program, to welcome all key and vulnerable population beneficiaries regardless of their background.
- Proven leadership skills as well as skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili
- Willingness to work overtime for project success.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV, passport-size photo, and cover letter (only). Through our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and their email subject should indicate the position applied.
The closing date for applications is 27th August 2023. Each application should include at least three referees Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview