Production Development Trainer
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Production Development Trainer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Production FFL
Work Schedule: 42 days on, 21 days off
Duration: 2 Years
- Conduct remote operation in open stope
- Discuss with Supervisor how to improve operating & cycle efficiency
- Monitor & control operating & cycle efficiency
- Monitor & control loading & cycle efficiency
- Coach and mentor trainees on LH307, LH410, LH514 Sandvik Loaders as well as Remote operation
- Assist with the training and skills development of trainees.
- To provide technical, practical and field support in various working areas of the mine focusing in increasing work effectiveness and productivity while lowering cost through improved good operational practices
- Collect drilling consumables & mining instructions
- Perform pre-use inspection
- Develop and train long hole operators in industry best practice.
- Develop and train long hole operators in Sandvik automation drilling
- Foster, mentor and develop current longhole operators improving overall safety and productivity metrics
- Conduct charging of Blast Holes
- Face preparation & marking off
- Installation of Ground Support – bolt, mesh, cablebolts
- Perform Drilling Activities
- Uncouple equipment & remove from workplace
- Ensure all Equipment are clean
- To Record & Report Drilling Performance
- Ordinary secondary education
- Trained and competent in operation of Sandvik Loaders, Production Drills and/or Jumbo
- Valid Driving Licence
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in fully mechanized high speed mine
- Experience in operating machine in large underground mining operation
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high speed development (175m per month per jumbo)
- Ability to demonstrate >160dm per shift production drill
- Exposure to automation of both production drills and loaders
- Demonstrated ability in training operators in all facets of UG mechanized mining.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “PRODUCTION DEVELOPMENT TRAINER” in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: email@example.com
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 23rd December 2020