The objective of this position is to ensure that Bulyanhulu Gold Mine security strategies, plans and operations are effectively delivered in line with agreed objectives. The Security Manager is responsible for the delivery of all security services at Bulyanhulu to the General Manager (GM). The post is a key member of the Site leadership team. The post requires strong and imaginative leadership and management. It is a diverse role that requires strong team building and communication skills to ensure that security is effectively applied across the complete site and function operating therein. The Security Manager is the Security lead for all issues on site and is responsible for the security of all staff and assets on site. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within the team and the business.
Reporting to: General Manager
Work Schedule: (42 Days On: 21 Days Off)
KEY RESULT AREAS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Security of all Barrick employees and related staff including contractors, and assets including information and the physical site at Bulyanhulu.
- Leadership and management of the Bulyanhulu Security Department.
- Maintenance of effective operational security measures that are constantly reviewed to combat emerging threats to Bulyanhulu as detailed in the Bulyanhulu threat assessment.
- Maintenance and implementation of a comprehensive and up-to-date site security plan for Bulyanhulu.
- Provision of security advice and joint planning to support mining operations.
- Provision of security advice and guidance to all departments at Bulyanhulu.
- Timely communication to all employees of the threat risks and levels.
- Maintenance and management of the Bulyanhulu Security budget.
- Maintenance of standards and compliance in line with Barrick policies and international codes of conduct such as VPSHR.
- Delivery of all mandated formal and ‘on the job’ security training, whether theoretical or practical to ensure that all staff are competent, confident and capable of delivering operational excellence in their roles.
- Meeting the reporting requirements of Barrick Corporate and Bulyanhulu General Manager whether daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Providing the lead for the fostering of a security culture that is instilled in all Barrick staff at Bulyanhulu.Design and implementation of effective incident and crisis management formalized in a comprehensive site crisis management plan that is understood and regularly briefed to all staff including its rehearsal.
- Provide lead in security-related engagement and liaison, both with the community and Tanzanian Police Force and other stakeholders.
- Support and guidance to the Bulyanhulu Mine Investigations team.
- A well-functioning and effective security function that is fully integrated and engaged with other departments at Bulyanhulu.
- A full and thorough understanding of the operating environment, its stakeholders and the threats to Bulyanhulu.
- The delivery of operational excellence in the execution of the security function across the site that ensures zero security-related fatalities and injuries on site and high standards of governance and compliance.
- A security culture where Security and their responsibilities are understood by all staff on site.
- Delivery of quality security training and development.
- Responsive and proportionate incident management through an integrated operations control room.
- Innovation and capability development that keeps Barrick ahead of the threats to it through benchmarking and pursuit of best practice.
- Perimeter integrity.
- Valuing and developing security personnel to achieve their potential through structured career management and development.
- Full and meaningful engagement with all stakeholders on whom security impacts to ensure that the critical softer effects of security are reinforced.
- An efficient yet properly resourced and managed security budget.
- A sound working knowledge of security best practice and legislation affecting the security role.
- Strong management and leadership skills together with excellent communication, influencing, negotiating and engagement skills.
- Basic IT skills with a working knowledge of the range of MS Office packages and Knowledge of electronic security systems.
- Sound judgment and decision making skills, with a ‘hands on’, problem solving.
- Experience of writing procedures, drafting reports, preparing business proposals and compiling and adjusting duty rosters to meet shortfalls in staffing levels.
- Security professional with proven management experience within the security industry, the public sector or armed services.
- At least 7 – 10 years of experience in a similar field/role.
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding of large fixed site commercial security in complex environments.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of mining operations and their security challenges.
- Proven ability and experience in planning and implementing complex operational security plans.
- A proven operational mindset.
- Strong communication skills – written, oral and IT in both English and Swahili.
- Dynamic leadership and management skills.
- Ability to lead and institute change management initiatives.
- Flexibility of mind and thought allied to strength of character.
- Large team management.
- Resource management.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “ SECURITY MANAGER” in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 28th December 2020