Job Opportunity at Chemonics – Project Accountant
Chemonics seeks a Project Accountant for the USAID Tanzania Lishe Mtambuka Activity, also known as the Regional Multi Sectoral Nutrition Activity. The five-year project aims to strengthen health and food market systems that promote the adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Managing both the day-to-day and the strategic financial administration of Lishe Mtambuka in compliance with USAID regulations and Chemonics’ policies and procedures.
- Implementing proper protocols to ensure the project office is operating under consistent financial practices.
- Working with appropriate counterparts to ensure proper tax withholdings and filings and overseeing payroll administration for project employees.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with the project’s bank, ensuring banking activities are
processed in a timely and professional manner.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual, quarterly, and monthly budget reforecasts for project operations expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, auditing, business administration, or related field and an ACA/ACCA/CPA qualification.
- Minimum four years post-qualification experience as an accountant, auditor, or finance professional; experience as an accountant with a NGO, development contractor, or donor agency preferred.
- Experience administering payroll; strong knowledge of Tanzanian tax regulations.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices, and terminology and an ability to understand accounting practices and procedures; to analyze data, narrative reports and workload flow charts, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the ability to use various
commercially available accounting software programs.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your CV and application through this link. Applications must be submitted by Friday, September 15th, 2023, however, please submit your application as soon as possible, as candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
How To Apply