CIAT/ Bioversity International
An Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT to harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives.
The Alliance of Bioversity International & CIAT
Recruiting Accounting Internship Student
The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT)-a member of the CGIAR Consortium (www.cgiar.org)-develops technologies, innovative methods, and new knowledge that better enable farmer, especially smallholders, to make agriculture competitive and profitable as well as sustainable and resilient. CIAT conducts research for development in tropical regions of Latin America, Africa, and Asia (www.ciat.cgiar.org).
We are looking for a driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data, learn more about ERP, and assist with other accounting activities. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with ERP
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the research activities.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility, commitment to ClAT’s mission and core values.
Qualification and Experience
- Completed Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration with Major in Accounting, or any other related field not more than 6 months ago.
- Basic computing skills with knowledge of MS Office applications, good written and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of English language.
- Six (6) month (initial with possibility to extend further.
Desired start date:
- As soon as possible.
Alliance- Bioversity & CIAT is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.