Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania – Chef
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam, Tanzania | Posted on 08/28/2023
As a chef at our restaurant, you’ll have the opportunity to create a stunning selection of diverse menu items for our customers. You’ll be able to put your skills to good use creating masterful dishes for lunch and dinner, as well as mouthwatering desserts and appetizers. You enjoy working with and receiving assistance from a remarkable team of waiters, waitresses and other supporting staff members who will help you make and deliver meals to guests promptly.
- Direct, prepare or supervise cooking and other food preparation activities on a daily basis.
- Monitor and oversee sanitation practices to ensure that regulations and standards of cleanliness are always being strictly adhered to by employees.
- Make corrections or terminate employees as needed when standards are not being followed.
- Coordinate all food purchasing, budgeting and planning operations with other staff members.
- Analyze recipes and make menu changes when necessary to keep customers happy and to minimize overhead costs when possible.
- Inspect cooking equipment, supplies, work areas and ingredients to ensure constant conformance to regulatory standards.
- Determine when additional help is needed to maintain satisfactory service, then recruit, interview and hire staff when needed, including kitchen workers and cooks.
- Establish production and staff schedules to ensure that there is sufficient help always to ensure timely delivery of food services.
Knowledge and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of food-related curriculum and training techniques.
- Understanding of raw materials, quality control and other techniques for the effective creation and distribution of food products.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of food preparation regulations and standards.
- Ability to use common kitchen tools, including cutlery, graters and ranges.
How To Apply