Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania – Sous Chef
CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam, Tanzania | Posted on 08/28/2023
At our restaurant we proudly deliver excellent dining experiences to all our customers. We are looking for a sous chef to help us achieve this goal. The sous chef will uphold the head chef’s culinary vision for the restaurant with an eye for quality, taste, and presentation. This person will also be responsible for the head chef’s responsibilities in the event of their absence. In doing so, the sous chef can provide the restaurant’s kitchen staff with consistently strong direction, so they can elevate our menu to the highest dining experience possible.
- Enable a high-quality kitchen through excellent leadership.
- Ensure all kitchen staff perform their duties beyond expectations.
- Promote the head chef’s vision for the restaurant’s culinary output.
- Expedite customer orders while upholding the restaurant’s quality standards.
- Communicate relevant, up-to-date business information to kitchen staff Responsibilities.
- Performs all opening, closing, and other side duties under the head chef’s direction.
- Utilize kitchen utensils and equipment such as grills, ovens, and steamers to prepare excellent food.
- Maintain kitchen inventory to ensure sufficient quantity and quality of ingredients.
- Communicate relevant, up-to-date information to kitchen staff.
- Ensure staff clean and sanitize their workstations and equipment.
- Adhere to all standards and procedures, and ensure staff do the same.
Skills and qualifications.
- Superior cooking skills for a variety of food groups.
- Effective time management techniques.
- Significant leadership experience.
- High degree of resiliency under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Keen understanding of basic arithmetic
Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of best practices in the hotel and catering services industry.
- Motivating presence to help staff overcome difficult situations.
- Knowledge of up-to-date health and safety standards.
- Ability to de-escalate and resolve any and all workplace conflicts.
- Knowledgeable in locations to source ingredients and equipment
How To Apply