Ifakara Health Institute (IHI)
Position: Administrative Assistant – 1 Post
Reports To: Project Leader
Work Station: Lupiro
Apply By: September 11, 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara seeks a qualified and experienced Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the daily supervision of project activities in the field, Ifakara testing, and the Insectary Lab and personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the administrative tasks within the project, mainly running in the field, Ifakara testing, and the Insectary Lab.
- Initiate purchase, delivery, and storage of field items and supplies in collaboration with procurement and other administrative staff.
- Assist the field team in project documentation according to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) for all SOPs, data logs, and other field documents.
- Provide secretarial and clerical support, including typing, drafting letters, sorting correspondence, making appointments, taking minutes, and official travel for the field team.
- Ensure all field studies have ethical certificates or approval and other research permits.
- Ensure all volunteer payments are well prepared and paid on time.
- Maintain filing systems for all administrative documents and GLP documents.
- Ensure adequate stock of stationary, equipment, field, testing lab, and Insectary supplies for routine use.
- Be custodian and control of the field, testing lab and Insectary stock at all times.
- Assist in maintaining accounts, preparing and ringing retirements and expense claims.
- Receive and counter-check invoices for monthly car hiring, space charges and meeting room hire.
- Translate documents from Kiswahili to English.
- Perform all other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience
Holder of a Diploma in Public/Business Administration or Human Resource Management
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent communication skills both in Swahili and English languages.
- Knowledge of computer MS Office.
- Good leadership skills.
- Team player with the ability to work in a team.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Integrity, Initiative, Equity, Excellence and Accountability).
- An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00hrs on Monday, September 11th 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – LUPIRO. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applicants from Ifakara, Kilombero district in Morogoro region will be given first priority and consideration.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania