Public Sector Strengthening (PSS) Coordinator (1) position
Dar es Salaam
Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a local Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST is committed to its employees, clients, child & vulnerable adults protection, and has zero tolerance to any sort of harassment. MST promotes a speaking up culture whereby employees work transparently and are empowered to report any existence or potential existence of harassment at workplaces.
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
Join Our Telegram Group for Job Updates CLICK HERE
We are looking for active and qualified individuals for the following roles:
Public Sector Strengthening (PSS) Coordinator (1) position- Dar es Salaam
The Public Sector Strengthening (PSS) Coordinator reports to a Project Manager and is responsible for supporting scale up of this new channel Public Sector Strengthening (PSS) which has activities to strengthen, promote and observes clinical quality standards maintained in Family Planning Service and sexual reproductive health delivery in 20 public health facilities in Tabora and Mwanza. S/he will coordinate, monitor, and facilitates the activities of all PSS teams and reports regularly to MST Support Office in Dar es Salaam.
The coordinator will also support coordination of other related PSS activities such as training for LGA service providers and overseeing clinical quality data reporting.
Among the Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of the PSS model in 20 Marie Stopes Tanzania supported government health facilities to build capacity to LGAs for sustainable efforts by providing quality family planning services provision,
- Monitor availability of necessary equipment and supplies to the teams: Update on supplies of commodities and equipment for family planning provision,
- Promote family planning services provision through organizing demand generation activities that will increase number of clients visiting the PSS facilities,
- Coordinate proper data reporting that comply with all Marie Stopes Tanzania and Ministry of Health registers and guidelines,
- Oversee clinical quality standards to ensure the team receives and follows the new clinical guidelines shared and provide pertinent technical advice to improve access and increase use of the quality family planning services delivery to the LGA and project(s),
- Monitoring and evaluation of project and be part of the Knowledge Management team that will vigorously work to share project learning and other resources from within and without for enhanced technical PSS model.
- Clinical personnel (Nurse, Medical Doctor) with experience in project management.
- Thorough knowledge of Sexual and Reproductive Health issues, including Sexual Reproductive Health to the public and private sector, Community Based Organizations, Faith Based Organizations and Non-Government Organizations.
- Experience working with Civil Society Organizations, Council Health Management Teams, Regional Health Management Teams and National level bodies advancing Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights issues.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in managing donor funded projects with strong administrative skills and experience,
- At least 3 years’ experience of field level coordination desirable,
- At least 2 years’ experience in managing project budgets,
- Experience in field of quality of health care,
- Experience in the fields of family planning and advocacy,
- Experience working in Tanzania with the Tanzanian government and Ministry of Health systems,
- Willing to travel extensively 75%.
As this position will have the need and opportunity to interact with government, donors, and other partners, it is a must that the candidate is able to foster a collaborative work environment that ensures good relationships and teamwork at all levels: country office staff, headquarters, donors and partners, to ensure that relevant reports are submitted in a timely manner.
Sympathetic to women seeking family planning services.
Strong commitment to the goal and vision of Marie Stopes Tanzania/Marie Stopes International.
Join Our Telegram Group for Job Updates CLICK HERE
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and Cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
11 Kinyonga Street – Mwenge
P.O. Box 7072, Dar Es Salaam.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991 / 4
VOIP +255 768 987 780
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Friday January 01, 2021. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted. Also please do not re-apply for above posts if you once did in the past.