Relationship Manager, Chinese Desk
To develop and maintain relationships with a portfolio of Chinese clients within Corporate Banking while developing, improving, promoting and selling NMB’s products and services to ensure that NMB’s current and future Chinese Customers under Corporate Banking find solutions for their financial needs.
- Manage existing customer relationships through regular contacts and visits by ensuring customers’ banking needs are addressed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Identify and develop a target pipeline and aggressively market for new profitable Chinese Corporate customers from the identified target sectors and exploit cross selling opportunities.
- Partner with products team and other internal staff to deliver a clear account plan that is based on understanding of Chinese Corporate customers needs and provide appropriate solutions across relevant products by capitalizing on bank’s competitive attributes e.g. Network, balance sheet, brand etc.
- Manage the development of prudently priced assets, cost effective short and medium to long-term liability with reputable Chinese Corporate companies and organizations in order to ensure Bank’s maximum profitability.
- Maintain high quality of the asset book; ensure excellent performance and maximum returns of the portfolio.
- Adhere to high professional standards and strive to provide quality services and competitive pricing to Chinese Corporate clients by ensuring delivery of industry-leading customer service, premier on-boarding experience and advisory services to new and existing Customers.
- Gather information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications in order to manage customer expectations.
- Proactively manage Chinese portfolio in compliance with regulatory environment, keeping up with bank’s guidelines, policies and procedures to mitigate financial loss and fraud within the bank.
- Maintain high standard of operational controls including adherence to Risk Management and Compliance guidelines.
- Embed NMB values and code of conduct by ensuring adherence to the highest standards of ethics with relevant policies, processes and regulations.
- Consult with staff in Risk, Credit, Legal and Compliance to ensure that Chinese portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
Skills and Knowledge
- Business understanding of bank’s Corporate Chinese customer base and market segments.
- Strong product knowledge in Corporate Treasury, Cash Management, Trade Finance etc.
- Knowledge of government policies relating to banking, BOT regulations, bank policies & procedures
- Building Positive Working Relationships, Communication, Team player, Facilitating Change, Decision Making, Formal Presentation, Planning & Organizing
- Corporate Relationship Management, Risk and Credit skills, strong analytical skills
- Ability to speak Mandarin fluently
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Statistics or Research.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Business-related field is an added advantage
- Studied & Lived in China Mainland, with minimum 3 years’ experience and exposure to Chinese culture and business environment
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
The deadline for submitting the application is 14 January, 2021