Apprentice Development & Reliability Engineer
Dar es Salaam
Precision Air Services Plc
Precision Air Services Plc is a fast-growing private Tanzanian airline.
Precision Air Services Plc is a fast-growing private Tanzanian airline which operates in Partnership with Kenya Airways, with its strategy to expand wings beyond East Africa and Africa.
In order to keep our services at a higher level and meet our customers’ maximum satisfaction, we wish to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in these challenging positions.
POSITION: Apprentice Development & Reliability Engineer
REPORTS TO: ENIOR DEVELOPMENT AND RELIABILITY ENGINEER
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM.
ROLE PURPOSE OF THE STATEMENT
To undertake a structured On-Job-Training (OJT) Program for development definition of engineering standards within his/her discipline in the company and Third-Party fleets with a view of optimizing airline and customer aircraft product cost whilst maintaining safety standards.
Upon successful completion of the Program the candidate will gain the required skills and knowledge to support the operational requirements of an Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO) and Airline Operator(s).
- Complete a structured apprentice training program for one (1) year theoretical and OJT and acquire knowledge and skills on Engineering Development and Reliability.
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of Defining technical standards for optimized aircraft product cost of ownership and safety
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department.
- Work with Development and Reliability Engineer to perform statistical analysis and root cause analysis of failures of aircraft systems, components, power plants and structures to improve management of airworthiness and maintenance cost.
- Ensure regulatory authorities airworthiness directives (ADs); manufacturer’s service bulletins (SBs), service information letters (SILs) are accomplished at optimized cost whilst maintaining safety standards.
- Work with Development and Reliability Engineer to Prepare Quarterly reliability reports, periodical benchmarking reports and submit to the Senior Development and Reliability Engineer for system use
- Participate to Initiate preliminary investigations and formulate a recommendation of corrective and preventive actions for conditions that are above alert limits
- Participate in Continuous monitoring of corrective actions to determine their effectiveness
- Participate in Representing the airlines position on technical issues to respective original equipment manufacturers (OEM) with a view to improve reliability and cost effectiveness
- Participate in Developing ETOPS, MELs and Test Flight Schedules to ensure that they meet the local authority requirements.
- Participate in Creation of technical / economical substantiation for warranty or claim handling.
- Participate to Collate technical disruption data and determine Technical Dispatch Reliability for comparison of Precision Air Services Plc against industry standards
- Participate in Developing Aircraft interior Layout of Passenger Accommodations (LOPA) for different aircraft in Precision Air fleet. During VVIP operations, prepare the VVIP LOPA and have it approved by the Director General of the Tanzania Civil Aviation Authority (TCAA).
- Participation in aircraft, engines & components specifications activities
- Learn Liaison with manufacturers and vendors
- Assist with technical and operational know-how during aircraft test flights, aircraft phase-in and aircraft phase outs.
- Responsible for safety as referenced in the Safety Management Manual [SMM] Doc ref. PW/CM/002.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Supervisor
- Timely complete assigned tasks
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Good house keeping
- Minimal materials and resource wastage
- Recovery / fabrication time
- Fabrication cost
- Legal compliance with all ADs, Regulatory & ICAO requirements and alert SBs affecting our fleet of aircraft.
- Feedback from peers and customers
- Quality audits
- Equipment/ component service life
- Workshop staff competency and productivity
- Analytical and good decision making ability
- Assertive and a good communicator
- Ethical and organized
- Sensitive to detail
- High integrity & honesty
- Firm but fair
- Influence-Team working, but minimum of formal meetings, committees
- Ownership-Responsible for individual decision making
- Growth-Committed to success
- Ability to work under high pressure with minimum supervision
- Conduct oneself in accordance with Company’s Core Values ‘PRECISE’
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Graduate from a recognized University (Mechanical, Aeronautical / Aerospace, Electrical / Electronics or equivalent) with at least one (1) year working experience in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering.
- Demonstrated ability during the course of attachments
- Knowledge of analytical software
- Detailed knowledge on the TCAA/EASA/FAA regulations and the Precision Air Engineering procedures
- Demonstrated competence in Engineering practices.
- In depth knowledge of aircraft systems
- Very Good Computer literacy
Not later than 20th May 2022
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements, please send your application and CV to the address below. Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam