Intern – Wavuvi Project at TADB August, 2023
ABOUT TANZANIA AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT BANK (TADB)
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a government development finance institution operating under the Ministry of Finance and Planning. TADB is registered under the Companies Act, of 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No. 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, of 2012.
The Bank operates as a Development Finance Institution in line with its Business License No. 002 issued by the Bank of Tanzania on 4th August 2015.
TADB was established to facilitate the attainment of two broad goals which are:
Contribute to the achievement of sustainable food self-sufficiency and food security.
Transformation of agriculture from subsistence to commercial in order to effectively and sustainably contribute to economic growth and poverty reduction.
To be a champion development finance institution for agricultural transformation in Tanzania.
To contribute to food security and poverty reduction by catalyzing agricultural transformation through innovative financing solutions that develop sustainable and inclusive agricultural value chains.
TADB is looking to fill in the below vacancies:
WORK STATION: MWANZA & MTWARA
- Strong sense of collaborative work, excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise;
- Is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda;
- Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCES
- Applicants must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Aquaculture and Fisheries, Agriculture, Business Management, Banking or related fields.
- Experiences in fisheries and aquaculture projects:
- Strong writing skills, particularly short, simple and engaging reports;
- Strong commitment to promoting fisheries development in Tanzania;
- Understanding Development context in Tanzania and TADB’s activities;
- Good command in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as handling web-based applications. [Intern is expected to have own laptop for work];
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Should possess excellent qualitative and quantitative skills;
- Experience in data collection and analysis in the field of social or economic development fields; Fluency in Swahili and English
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Please note: applicants are required to attach the following to their respective application.
Application letter, showing how you meet the requirements of the position.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- Contacts stating name in full, physical address, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of the candidate.
- Certified copies of relevant certificates.
- Names and full contacts of three (3) referees.
TADB is an equal opportunity employer. The Bank does not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment.
TADB fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development, and policies and programs that upport a healthy work/life balance. Join our workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on 31st August 2023.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted