Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Placing women’s rights at the centre of all its efforts, the UN Women will lead and coordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming translate into action throughout the world. It will provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
United Nations in Tanzania is a One UN Pilot country, implementing UN Reform through Delivering as One (DaO) with twenty UN agencies operating under One Programme – the UN Development Assistance Plan (UNDAP), UNDAP I (2011-2016) and UNDAP II (2016-2021). Through the UNDAP UN Women supports its partners in implementing and monitoring the international and regional agreements on women’s rights and developing capacity to integrate gender equality into national and regional development strategies, laws and policies. UN Women contributes to results in five of the ten UN Programme Working Groups with staff based in Dar es Salaam
Reporting to Country Representative, the Executive Associate is responsible for providing a variety of executive administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment and, in close coordination with the Country Office (CO) management and staff, for managing the efficient flow of information and communications to ensure expeditious dissemination of information, timely action and compliance with established deadlines.
The Executive Associate works in close collaboration with UN Women staff, UN Agencies and national authorities to ensure efficient flow of information, actions on instructions, agendas.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide executive support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Manage the UN Women Country Representative’s calendar, and schedule of appointments and meetings;
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodations and other logistics for the UN Women Country Representative;
- Maintain roster of CO contacts; update electronic mailing lists;
- Answer and screen calls for the Country Representative with tact and discretion;
- Manage administrative files on the Country Representative’s mission travel and mission reports;
- Research files, collect information and organize materials to meet the Country Representative’s requests.
2. Provide administrative support to the UN Women Country Representative
- Undertake the logistical, administrative and financial arrangements, to organize meetings, events, and workshops;
- Organize and attend meetings and events, prepare minutes and summaries;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials and PowerPoint presentations for the Country Representative for meetings, missions and other key events;
- Organize and monitor the office filing system;
- Follow up with the Country Representative on deadlines and commitments.
3. Provide effective communication and information management support to the CO;
- Facilitate flow of information and communication between the UN Women Country Representative’s Office and other units within or outside of UN Women;
- Review, prioritize and route correspondence to and from the UN Women Country Representative; take proactive follow-up action and keep the Country Representative informed;
- Respond to and/or direct inquiries to appropriate units for timely action/response;
- Prepare routine correspondence and interoffice circulars; review documents and reports to ensure spelling, punctuation and format are correct;
- Maintain and organize up to date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval; ensure safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Assist in the preparation and finalization of informal translations; act as interpreter as required.
4. Provide support to the Country Representative’s external relations activities;
- Facilitate the Country Representative’s interaction with various external partners through written, verbal and electronic communication, and through collaborative and proactive relationships with counterparts and colleagues in partner offices;
- Receive and greet high ranking officials/visitors;
- Ensure protocol matters, receive high ranking visitors/officials, coordinate logistical arrangements related to visits.
5. Contribute to knowledge building and knowledge sharing;
- Provide administrative support for effective knowledge management and sharing within the office and other offices/HQs;
- Build and share knowledge and experience related to administrative and operations support.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely and quality support to the Country Representative
- Quality presentation of information
- Quality and timely organization of events/ meetings
- Adherence to protocol
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
Functional Competencies :
- Ability to manage data/schedule, documents, correspondence, reports, and maintain protocol and information flow;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature;
- Ability to create, edit and present information in clear format, using appropriate IT functionality;
- Ability to administer administrative processes.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
- Completion of secondary education is required; Bachelor’s degree in business administration or public administration is an asset.
- At least 6 years (Secondary Education) or 3 years (Bachelor Degree) of progressively responsible experience with administrative, secretarial, or programme experience;
- Experience in the use of computer applications and software packages such as Microsoft Office, and web-based management systems
- Experience with the ATLAS system is an asset
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
The deadline for submitting the application is 05 April 2022.
Download our Ajira Yako APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>