Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE
Position: Project Associate – SOC (NPSA7)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Tanzania has defined a range of development goals in the Tanzania Development Vision 2025 which include the creation of high-quality livelihoods; peace, stability and unity; good governance; a well-educated and learning society; and a competitive economy capable of sustainable growth and shared benefits but all of these development objectives may be undermined by serious and organized crime (SOC). This role is part of a project financed by the FCDO and the European Union and managed by UNDP that seeks to address aspects of serious and organized crime (SOC). The Project Associate will lead on all project support processes including procurement, logistics, asset and inventory management, administration, knowledge management, finance and budget management. The Project Associate will be expected to contribute to the achievement of the project outputs:
- Output One: Enhanced functional capacity in CSEA focused agencies to combat human trafficking and CSEA particularly the international dimensions.
- Output Two: Enhanced functional capacity of the Zanzibar law enforcement agencies tackling transnational organized crime.
Scope of Work
Duties and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the project partners (Mainland and Zanzibar), prepare the project’s annual work plan (i.e., inputs, activities, and outputs), based on the theory of change in the project document;
- Ensure that implementation of activities takes place based on full compliance with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies as expressed in the POPP;
- Prepare project procurement plans;
- In collaboration with the UNDP Operations Unit and the Governance Portfolio Team members, support activity implementation including securing of conference facilities, travels, DSA requests and all other procurement PO preparation;
- Monitor whether project activities, commitments, and expenses align with the project’s annual work plan, including progress toward outputs and outcomes;
- Maintain, file, and manage copies of all key documents relating to the projects (e.g., project documents, contributions agreements, and audit reports);
- Manage and monitor all project transaction in the UNDP ERP and outside including, advances (if any) issued to implementing partners and all other financial obligations for the project.
- Achieve Results: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback.
- Adapt with Agility: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies
- Resource mobilization: Ability to identify funding sources, match funding needs (programmes/projects/initiatives) with funding opportunities, and establish a plan to meet funding requirements
- Inclusion and Participation: Inclusion and Participation
- Project Management: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
- Aid Coordination: Aid Coordination
- Monitoring: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
- Human Rights /HRBA: Human Rights /HRBA
- Capacities to enhance aid transparency: Capacities to enhance aid transparency
The Project Associate will report to the Programme Specialist/Project Manager- Governance.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education with specialized certification.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration or related field is desirable but not a requirement.
- Minimum 7 years (Secondary Education) or 4 years (Bachelor degree) of relevant experience in programme/project management preferably in a governance related institution;
- Working experience in security/law enforcement sector;
- Knowledge of project cycle management;
- Sound knowledge of asset management, information and communication technology, administration, financial and assets management, preferably with the UN/UNDP;
- Demonstrated/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrated corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Informed and transparent decision making;
- Self-development, initiative-taking.
Fluency in both spoken and written English & Swahili is required.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
The deadline for submitting the application is 07 April 2022.
Download our Ajira Yako APP from Google Playstore using the link here>>>