Gender Human Rights Economic Empowerment Specialist
World Vision International is an evangelical Christian humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization.
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories
World Vision Tanzania seeks highly qualified candidates for AHADI project, a five-year donor funded project with key objectives to increase empowerment, reduce exploitation and abuse, increase uptake of ASRHR services, including Nutrition & HIV and Increased Economic Opportunities through skills development, job creation, policy and capacity building. The project will be implemented in Dar es Salaam and Dodoma.
The project aims:
To Improve enabling environment to advance gender equality and rights and protection from SGBV and adverse SRH and Nutrition outcomes
Improved capacity of youth/CBOs to meaningfully participate in and engage local decision-making structures to advance gender exploitation, adolescent girls’ and boys’ SRHR, and prevent and respond to SGBV.
Increased access to improved ASRHR and nutrition services for adolescent boys and girls in and out of schools.
Increased gender equitable participation of female and male youth from 16-19 years in the labour market.
As part of the World Vision Team, reporting to the Program Manager, Gender Human Rights and Economic Empowerment specialist will be responsible for implementing activities and interventions to advance gender equality and economic empowerment, provide technical support to the broader project Team to ensure gender equality , social inclusion and economic empowerment are mainstreamed across all education and civil society activities, review documents and materials to ensure these are gender sensitive and ensure gender integration across all aspects of the project cycle. Coordinate, facilitate and provide technical support and guidance on Gender, Human Rights and economic empowerment in the Project on planning, monitoring evaluation, reporting and reflection. Communicate World Vision’s cultural ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Provide overall strategic leadership and Direction to the Project team and implementing Partners on Gender equality, Human Rights and Advocacy – 25%
- In consultation with World Vision Tanzania and World Vision Canada participate in the development and implementation of project’s gender equality strategy in promoting Gender Equality, Human rights and CVA in all project outcomes
- Support the development of projects annual work plan in implementation of gender equality, human rights and advocacy interventions
- Work with project implementing Partners and to ensure gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) and Human Rights are well integrated in implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Strategy is well implemented and gender transformation achieved
- Work plan is developed and implemented
- Promoting Gender Equality, Human Rights and integration of Advocacy in the Project
Support the implementation of Coaching Boys into Men Model, Men Care Model and Chanel of Hope- Gender – 15%
- Develop and Implement project capacity building strategy that enhances staff capacity to oversee the integration of gender equality in all of the project’s programming areas and in all three pillars through training, learning and knowledge sharing activities
- Support capacity building opportunities on gender equality, Human and Advocacy (CVA) for key project partners including adolescent girls and boys, implementing partners, community level leaders, to equip them to support gender equality and CVA integration in all program areas.
- Support Training to TOTs in addressing Gender GBV to adolescent girls and boys and addressing VAC
- Ensure integration and implementation of gender aspect of SRHR education to in-school and out of school adolescents.
- Coordinate Advocacy, Policy Research & Public Awareness on gender equality, gender justice and human rights.
- Adolescents CVA teams formed and monitoring standards and score card implemented
- Evidenced based method on family planning implemented among adolescent girls and boys in school and out of school
Develop and update plan for ITAW campaign – 15%
- Ensure implementation of ITAW campaign activities in the project
- Work closely with Ministries, Like- minded organization, Religious leaders in planning, implementing monitoring and evaluate ITAW Campaign
- Participate in commemoration of international events such as 16 Days of Activism. International Day of a Girl Child, International Women’s Day, Day of African Child, and Human Right Day.
- Document and disseminate Gender, CVA, Human Rights and ITAW impact stories / best practices and lessons learnt
- ITAW campaign interventions are well implemented and reach many people
- Advocacy messages and IEC materials of ending child marriage and teenage pregnancies prepared and disseminated,
- Gender Human Rights Economic Empowerment Specialist Job Vacancy at World Vision
Effective Project Implementation on Youth/Adolescent Economic Empowerment Including Capacity Building – 35%
- Lead identification and prioritization of local economic activities and employment opportunities for adolescent
- Champion high quality implementation and reporting of project adolescent economic empowerment program. This will/may include providing technical support on effective formation and operation of Adolescent and Youth Groups to ensure their viability and effectiveness.
- Provide guidance and support on youth economic empowerment agenda by ensuring adherence to national youth empowerment guidelines, strategies standards, and ensure involvement of private sector and other actors.
- Interpret youth economic empowerment guidelines and relevant government Manuals and protocols for project staff and participants/beneficiary related training.
- Develop/support TOT trainings on adolescent economic empowerment.
- Assist in capacity building of sub-grantee/local civil society organizations staff, participant/beneficiary groups and other community groups on WV economic empowerment models accordingly.
- Innovatively collaborate with partners, allies, LGAs and like-minded stakeholders to influence policy and achieve the multiplied project impact;
- Maintain a tight understanding on all field activities, programme strategies, resources and actual responsibilities as necessary to ensure appropriate progress toward objectives;
- Deliberately ensure that project is well implemented to generate evidence for community and policy impact, and contribute to World Vision Tanzania strategy overall achievement.
Effective project implementation according to PIP and Log frame to ensure it achieves gender equitable participation of vulnerable adolescents aged 15-19 years, particularly girls, in labor market and entrepreneurship programs
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and Reporting – 10%
- Adapt in collaboration with project colleagues, the project theory of change;
- Participate in development and implementation of the programme’s impact measurement system, including: collection of baseline and periodic data for tracking programme performance and decision making;
- Participate in preparing and sharing of quality project progress reports as per provided timeframe and submit to the project manager.
- Take part in annual programme review meeting to assess progress, adjust plans, and draw/disseminate lessons learned;
- Participate in documentation of stories of transformation and lessons learned.
Quality monitoring, evaluation, reporting and learning to enhance tracking project progress towards goal and influence decision-making
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- Demonstrate Experience in working with adolescents boys and girls, advocacy, lobbying and communication,
- Experience of working in an international and cross-cultural environment is an added advantage
- Experience in adolescent economic empowerment preferably in urban settting
- Experince in establishing and managing partnership with public and private sectors
- Experience in promoting gender equality and Human Rights
- Experience in working with Faith Leaders in promoting gender equality and human rights
- Familiar with current Advocacy issues around Adolescents Sexual Reproductive Health Rights
- Preferred: Bachelor degree in Social Sciences specialized in Gender, with at least 5 years experience
- Experience in Economic Empowerment will be added advantage
- Gender Human Rights Economic Empowerment Specialist Job Vacancy at World Vision
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders,
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Excellent presentation skills
- Practical advocacy and campaigning experience in the development field
- Ability / experience of managing a network
- Experience working in advocacy
- Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions on specific policy issues
- Excellent coordination and planning skills
- Report writing skills: Ability to write complex reports
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent team player with minimum supervision
- Significant experience of working with government officials, multiple partners, community groups and communities.
- Proven experience in facilitating effective project documentation and dissemination of results to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience in working with donor funds
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff
- Good planning and Excellent organizational skills, ability to determine priorities and attention to detail a must
- Work in a multisectoral/ multicultural team- patience, cultural sensitivity and application of contextual understanding in day to day work
- Ability to work with tight deadlines for information needs
- Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 60% of the time and occasionally internationally.
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team player
- Willingness to travel to the field as and when needed
The position is based in Dar es Salaam or Dodoma
Excellent written and spoken English and Swahili language
Note: World Vision does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. Please be cautious, and if you have any questions and/or would like to report what you believe to be a fraudulent World Vision recruitment person(s) or agency, please email us through www.worldvisionincidentreport.ethicspoint.com or firstname.lastname@example.org