About the Unit
There are more than 500 million smallholder farms globally. 2.5 billion people depend on Smallholder Communities for their food and livelihoods. Smallholder regions are characterized by low living standards, high rates of illiteracy and low agricultural productivity. Yara’s mission is “Responsibly Feed the World and Protect the Planet”. Key to achieving this is enabling thriving Smallholder Communities. At Yara, the Smallholders Digital Team is part of the Crop and Digital Solutions Unit.
About Crop and Digital Solutions
Yara aims to be the crop nutrition company for the future and is leading the development of sustainable agriculture and digital tools to contribute to solving global agricultural challenges. We have a worldwide presence with sales teams in ~150 countries and around 17,000 employees. Yara Farming Solutions, will lead the transformation towards more sustainable and efficient food production, by innovating our offerings and the way we work. Crop and Digital Solutions is responsible for developing and scaling new “on-farm” digital and integrated tools and solutions for an efficient and transparent food system.
Yara Connect Manager is a position based in Dar es Salaam, with the following responsibilities;
- Work closely with product managers (digital solution owner/manager) and user researchers, especially to articulate clear, appealing and memorable value proposition for YaraConnect retailers
- Work closely with regional team and local commercial team to ensure strategic alignment and drive growth of our customer channel, to enable local commercial targets.
- Accountable for delivering accurate tracking and reporting of all business development activities, to deliver dynamic retail market intelligence and support the development and implementation of Yara Connect.
- Be a change agent for Yara channel management in Tanzania, leveraging digital ecosystem to deliver on new revenue stream opportunities and ecosystem business development.
- University degree in business related studies
- A minimum of 5 years work experience within marketing or related functions of a multinational organization
- Extensive go-to-market experience including hands on product marketing and commercial negotiations
- Experience in agricultural retail environments, food value chains and partnerships
- Strong commercial experience in value adding offers to retail channel
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to challenge and influence current ways of working in a constructive manner
- Strong analytical skills
- The deadline for submitting the application is 27 December 2020