We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world’s key challenges – resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
YARA Tanzania is duly registered company under the Laws of Tanzania as a subsidiary of Fertilizers Holdings AS. with headquarters in Dar es Salaam. The aim is developing a market concept that increase the number of farmers using fertilizer in Tanzania including better knowledge in plant nutrition, improved distribution and logistics. One of Yara investments in the country includes the construction of a 40 KT bulk terminal near the port of Dar Es Salaam which handles importation of bulk fertilizer, packaging and sale in Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi
HESQ Specialist is a position based in Dar es Salaam reporting to the Plant Manager. This position is responsible for all aspects of HESQ and product stewardship at Yara Tanzania and Rwanda.
- Ensure focus to the leading indicators which will proactively support the performance targets HESQ as set by YARA
- Provide the required support to management to ensure compliance with all relevant TOPs procedures and in line with YARA standards
- Support Management to ensure that all Safe By Choice strategies as defined by Yara are implemented and maintained within the organisation
- Support and guide management in maintaining operational discipline (Systematic Inspection)
- Ensure achievement and maintainance of all required certifications such as IFA certification.
- Lead and motivate various teams within the organization in all HESQ related initiatives
- University degree in business related studies
- HESQ certification from an international recognized institution eg. Nebosh
- Minimum 2 years Occupational Health and Safety experience in an industrial environment
- Fully conversant with local legislation such as the occupational health and safety act, construction regulations etc.
- Fluent in english and swahili languages
- Competent in microsoft office applications; word, excel, powerpoint
Line Manager: Santus Chonya
Human Resources: Narindwa Shaidi
Apply no later than
29th December 2020
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) as one of our top 7 strategic actions and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassador networks.
The deadline for submitting the application is 29 December 2020