Chama cha Uzazi na Malezi Bora Tanzania (UMATI) established in 1959, is an autonomous voluntary National NGO originally incorporated under CAP 337 in 1973, established under the non-governmental organization Act No 24 of 2002 in 2019 with registration number 00NGO/R2/000231. UMATI is a full Member Association (MA) of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) accredited in since 2015.
UMATI works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Women and Special Groups, and Regional Administration and Local Government (PORALG) with the goal of providing Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education, information, and services in Tanzania. The association has a long leadership history in SRH Programs in Tanzania including pioneering in Family Planning (FP) services, SRHR programs for young people, integrated Clinics, and Community-based service delivery approaches.
UMATI wishes to recruit a qualified and experienced candidate to fill in the following vacant position;
Job title: Pharmaceutical Assistant/Technician
Reporting to: Doctor in charge
Location: Moshi Region
Responsible for receiving the prescription and checking their validity and dispense the medications according to the prescription, advising patients on the correct administration and dosages of these medications and side effects that may arise incase of irrational use of medicines, to interact and communicate with doctors and other medical professionals incase of any update related to medicines and medical supplies, to record all medication/patient transactions in the software and to keep and maintain the stock of medicines and medical supplies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To identify all medicines and medical equipment’s needed by the facility and identify the budget needed yearly
- Ordering, maintaining stock and distributing medicines and medical supplies at your working facility.
- To keep and maintain medicine and medical supplies record at your facility
- To prepare hospital formulary to be used in your working facility.
- To supervise clients and co-workers on the proper use medicines and medical equipment’s
- Receive all medication ordered by your facility, review the order, and making sure that there is no any expired medicine
- Compounding medicines for the use of facility when the need arise.
- To educate clients on the side effects that may arise due to irrational use of medicines.
- Acting as secretary of the hospital therapeutic committee at you working facility
- To dispense medicines to clients as prescribed by the physician
- To educate the society and coworkers on the proper use of medications
- To perform stock taking each month and report to your supervisors
- Making sure that there is no unnecessary shortage of stock at your facility.
- To supervise the implementation of medicines national policy at your facility
- To perform other activities as directed by the physician in charge and other members of the administration.
- Holders of ordinary diploma/certificate in pharmaceutical sciences
- Registered by the pharmacy council
- Proficiency in computer science will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Being able to communicate properly with the patients and coworkers.
- Having basic knowledge on the use of computer programs especially Microsoft excel and Microsoft word.
- Having enough knowledge on medicines and medical supplies so as to be able to assist other health staff and clients.
Job Opportunity at UMATI – Pharmaceutical Assistant/Technician
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit an application letter indicating the position applied for and a detailed CV in one PDF document.
Applications should be submitted by 31th August 2023 to the Executive Director through email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The position should be the subject of the email application. Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
UMATI is an equal-opportunity employer. Women and people with disability are highly encouraged to apply.