KYC Remediation Officer
ABSA Bank Tanzania
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
The KYC Remediation Officer is responsible for conducting thorough reviews and remediation of existing client files to ensure compliance with Know Your Customer (KYC) regulatory and internal policies requirement. This role involves analyzing client information, identifying discrepancies, or missing information, and working closely with various stakeholders to obtain and update the necessary documentation.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of client existing files to identify any gaps, inconsistencies, or missing information related to KYC requirements.
- Conduct due diligence and verification of client identities, backgrounds, and financial activities to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, internal policies, processes, and standards.
- Communicate the information requirement to clients through agreed channels. i.e. emails etc.
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to obtain and update necessary documentation, such as identification, proof of address, source of funds and any other related KYC information.
- Utilize various tools and systems to analyze client KYC information, identify patterns, and detect potential risks or suspicious activities.
- Work closely with Relationship Managers, Compliance teams, and other stakeholders to resolve any issues or discrepancies found during the remediation process.
- Identify opportunities to enhance and streamline the KYC remediation process, suggesting improvements to existing workflows, systems, and procedures.
- Achieve the required volume of work within the established deadlines / service standards.
- Adhere to quality control discipline, procedures and checks at all times.
- Report issues and concerns as soon as possible to Team manager in time and with complete information, in which effort is made to prevent or limit possible damage.
- Assist team manager in administration of the section, including organizing workflow, queue management & query resolution.
- To escalate to supervisor any issue or risk within the stipulated Turn-around time.
- Undertake regular and ad-hoc requests as requested and be accountable for the information provided.
- Be responsible for delivering SLA’s.
RISK AND CONTROL OBJECTIVES
- Manage risk and control effectively by applying applicable risk frameworks and embedding a positive risk culture.
- Understanding of own role in the end to end processes in which you play a part, including applicable risks and controls.
- Adhere to Absa’s policies and procedures applicable to own role, demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management.
- Report all risk events / incidents / issues using the defined process for your business area and help to understand why these happened and how to prevent them in future.
- Proactively look for ways to improve the control environment by considering what could go wrong in the processes you operate and how errors could be prevented.
- Continuous and proactive engagement with regulatory bodies, where applicable
- All mandatory training completed timely before deadline
Technical skills / Competencies
- Sound communication skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft office (word, Excel, PowerPoint etc).
- At least a university Degree or equivalent in related fields.
Knowledge, Expertise and Experience
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good interpersonal skills and is a team player.
- Ability to build and maintain relationship both within the team and with stakeholders.
- Focus on achieving team objectives.
- Ability to work in an efficient and organized way.
- Deadline Driven
- Data privacy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Commitment and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to handle bitter/ upset and angry customers.
- Customer Service experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Computer Skills.
Financial Crime proficiency
Absa’s Values and Behaviours represent the set of standards which governs the actions of all of us who work for the bank and against which the performance of every one of us in Absa are being assessed and rewarded:
- I drive high performance to achieve sustainable results
- I’m obsessed with customer
- I have an African heartbeat
- I believe our people are our strengths
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required).
How To Apply