Job Title: Lab Data Officer (12 Post)
Location: Nyang’wale, Bukombe, Mbogwe, Chato, Geita DC, GRRH
Reports to: Facility in-charge
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Enter quickly and accurately clinical, laboratory, tracking or other forms into database under
the monitoring of Data Supervisor
2. Enter quickly and accurately HIV testing and counseling data from registers to HTC
database in the collaboration with Facility HTC Focal person
3. Prepare program performance charts on monthly/quarterly basis and display on the notice
4. Conduct Data Quality Assurance/Assessment (DQA) on HIV related indicators on monthly
basis with the supervision from site in charge or District Data Officer
5. Communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding forms with problems
6. Sort and file forms as needed in numerical order or by date
7. Communicate both verbally and in writing with supervisors regarding database problems
8. Reconcile differences between different databases by running compare program, reviewing
appropriate form and correcting all differences
9. Locate and review archived or filed forms if necessary
10. Attend data staff meetings at the specified times
11. Communicate both verbally and in writing suggestions for improvements to data entry or
data flow to supervisors
12. Complete other data tasks as assigned
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
1. A Minimum of certificate, diploma, advanced diploma or in medical lab science with computer
skills or Medical record or any other related with certificate.
2. A minimum of Six (6) Months and above working experience in HIV program , preferably
in a similar position will be highly considered.
3. Volunteers working in Health Facilities at Geita Region are highly encouraged to apply
4. Analytical and problem-solving skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
5. Work experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program will be an advantage.
6. Highest level of integrity.
7. Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
8. Excellent communication (both verbal and written).
9. Must be computer literate – conversant with, Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy
of their CV, names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work
The candidate MUST clearly indicate the Title of the position applied for (as it appears in the
advertisement) on the heading of the email and the name of the health facility that volunteers
Applications should be submitted by 10th February, 2023 to the Human Resources officer, MDH
Sub-grantees through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MDH does not have any recruitment agents and do not charge any fees to the interested
Leave a Reply