Lafarge Tanzania (Mbeya Cement Company Limited) a subsidiary of Holcim Group with its headquarters in Switzerland with operations in Africa, Europe, Asia and America. Holcim is the leading global company in innovative and sustainable building & construction solutions
Lafarge Tanzania is seeking to recruit highly motivated Legal Counsel, to be based in its Mbeya Plant, in a permanent employment contract.
Position Reporting To: Head of Legal & Company Secretary
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
- Representation of the company in the various courts of law, tribunals and Quasi-judicial authorities, protection of company’s interests all times whenever the company’s rights are at stake, provision of legal, company secretarial support and opinion to all company projects;
- Ensuring compliance of the local laws and regulations, Holcim group compliance program are adhered, company operating within the obligatory statutory framework;
- Liaising with external Lawyers assigned to company matters, review work products, case progress reports of external counsel and provide support on company’s behalf to ensure that the company interests are well protected and expectations are met;
- Receiving service of all court summons, notices and other legal documentations on behalf of the company and refer them to the Head of Legal;
- Preparation and drafting of legal documents, contracts on behalf of the company in liaison with the respective department and third parties, review, edit, comment and finalize agreements drafted by other parties (external counsels, counterparties, other company
- Working closely with other departments, increasingly in consultancy role, assisting Heads of Departments to understand and implement company laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provision and contribution in the employee relations through provision of relevant interpretation, guidance and application of laws, policies and procedures to employees and Line Managers;
Qualifications and Competences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law,
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice.
- Not less than three years’ experience working in reputable law firm.
- Work experience as in- house Counsel in a Manufacturing Company or in the similar industry will be an added advantage.
Technical Competencies /Additional skills:
- Admitted and enrolled as an Advocate of the High Court with an active practicing certificate
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Labour, Mining & Corporate Law.
- Full Comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Sound judgment and ability to analyze situations and information.
How to Apply:
Applicants are invited to submit the following documents (indicating the applicants’ name & the position title in the subject) via e-mail to email@example.com:
- Cover letter for the position;
- Applicant’s Resume detailing their competence and qualifications – 4 Pages Maximum;
- Current Practicing Certificate as an Advocate.
The post Legal Counsel at Mbeya Cement Company Limited January, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.