CVPeople Tanzania | Full time
Dar es salaam, Tanzania | Posted on 04/20/2023
The Legal Counsel and Company Secretary will be responsible for providing legal advice and guidance to the company, ensuring that the company complies with all relevant laws and regulations, and providing company secretarial services.
Legal Advice and Guidance
- Advise the company on legal matters relating to the insurance industry, including contract law, company law, insurance law, regulatory compliance, and other areas as required.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts with clients, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
- Provide legal advice and services in support of business activities and development of organizational policies, procedures and programs and provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and legal implications of all matters.
- Drafting and reviewing business contracts and agreements, to ensure legal compliance and provide advice and necessary recommendation in managing legal and commercial exposure.
- Provide legal support and guidance to the business functions of the company, including claims, underwriting, and sales.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, including insurance laws and regulations, data protection laws, and anti-money laundering regulations.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Provide training and guidance to employees on compliance matters.
Company Secretarial Services
- Ensure the company complies with all company law requirements, including maintaining accurate and up to-date company records, preparing, and filing statutory returns, and ensuring that the company’s articles of association are up to date.
- Organize and attend board meetings, prepare agendas and minutes, and ensure that actions are taken on decisions made.
- Advise the board on corporate governance matters, including directors’ duties and responsibilities, conflicts of interest, and compliance with the company’s articles of association and other legal requirements.
- The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated/assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Knowledge and Experience
- Law degree from a recognized university
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience as a legal counsel and/or company secretary role in the insurance industry
- Strong understanding of insurance laws and regulations
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
UDAHILIPORTAL WHATSAPP GROUPS: JOIN NOW
Leave a Reply