Belgian Development Agency
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
The Country Strategy for Enabel Bilateral Cooperation Program in Tanzania 2023-2027 was approved on 15th July 2022 by the Belgian Minister of Development Cooperation, with a planned duration of 5 years (2023-2027) and an overall budget of 25 million euros.
The general objective of the strategy has been defined as follows: “Young people especially young women, are empowered to thrive in a protective and gender-equal environment, to acquire education and skills, and to pursue decent work opportunities in Kigoma Region”.
The specific objective further specifies: “Girls and young women (14 to 29 years), in targeted districts of Kigoma, are empowered, access multiple conducive learning pathways and enjoy decent and green employment and entrepreneurship”.
For the period 2023-2027, Enabel developed an integrated approach fully focused on girls and young women through three results areas of the same holistic intervention as defined below:
- Result area 1 is focusing on secondary education for vulnerable youth with a special focus on girls.
- Result area 2 is dedicated to skills development and entrepreneurship, with the ambition to increase opportunities for decent employment of young people, specifically women, through skills development, entrepreneurship promotion and business development support.
- Result area 3 is focusing on supporting a protective and gender-equal environment. It will contribute to tackle the discriminatory social norms and structural barriers that girls and young women face in their family, in their community, in the educative and professional spheres, so that girls and young women benefit from the same chances to continue their education and seize increasing remunerative economic opportunities.
Enabel in Tanzania is seeking to recruit a dynamic and competent individual to fill the vacancies for the position of Logistics Officer.
Experience sought is mainly in Procurement and Logistics Management in a reputable organisation.
The person is responsible for supporting the technical team in procurement processes of small purchases while liaising with colleagues in the contract service center and contract management and is also responsible for all the Logistical aspects such as the operational management of buildings, vehicles and equipment, transportation of goods and people, fleet management, supervision and coordination of drivers that report to them.
The logistic Officer is reporting to the Expert Contracting and Administration.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- You manage the procurement of goods and services below the threshold of 2500 EURO from beginning to the end;
- You ensure that computers, air conditioners, copiers, power generators etc…work well by ensuring regular maintenance of equipment and offices where necessary via framework contracts as well as reporting any technical problems to the responsible authorities for further action;
- You take lead in preparing and updating the project inventory list of assets and ensuring that all assets are insured on time;
- You plan and organize the transport of people and goods;
- You monitor the fuel supply and consumption of project vehicles
- You ensure a well managed and motivated team of Drivers
Any specialism in the diploma:
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Transport and Logistics Management, Business Administration (with a bias in Procurement);
- Additional advancement in Procurement qualifications will be of an added advantage.
Specific competences or knowledge required:
- A minimum of 5 years proven, relevant experience in Procurement and Logistics Management in a reputable organisation;
- Experience in managing purchases and supplier in a busy organisational setting;
- Experience in Fuel and vehicle management as well as working with vehicle tracking systems
- Good experience and knowledge of transit/customs clearance is an asset
- Experience and knowledge in Leadership and People Management
Required skills and knowledge :
- Understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
- Knowledge of public procurement procedures and stock management; •
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications of procurement documents;
- Possess good problem solving skills and have results oriented approach;
- Ability to respect others and are able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise;
- Ability to show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity.
- Flexible and can work in a changing environment.
- You commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel: https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values
Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili
We offer you
- A fascinating and interesting job in an international environment.
- You are based in Kigoma with frequent travels within the targeted districts of the region and, on occasions, to Dar es Salaam for meetings with implementing partners.
- Type of contract and duration: Contract for Specific Period, 60 months (final contract offer is conditioned on the pending signature of this intervention)
- Estimated Start : 01 September 23
- You are employed by Enabel in the function of “Logistic & Purchasing Officer”.
- A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary, in accordance with our salary scales (Class 4), and more benefits such as health care insurance, 13th month, holiday allowance and if applicable reallocation allowance.
- Relevant recognized experience for the function will be valorized.
Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
Every person who fulfils the conditions listed in our job advertisements may apply. Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Are you interested?
Apply here on-line with an application letter and your updated CV, at the latest by 15th August 2023.
Only applications that are registered here via our on-line portal will be considered.
How to Apply :