Maintenance Technician at Maternity Africa
Position: Maintenance Technician
Organization: Maternity Africa
Duty Station: Kivulini Maternity Centre, Ngaramtoni ya Chini – Arusha
Maternity Africa (www.maternityafrica.org) is a Christian-based, charitable, non-governmental organization registered in Tanzania. It is devoted to making childbirth safe by providing access to good maternity services and treatment of obstetric fistulae and other birth related injuries. We serve the poorest, most vulnerable women by providing free, quality reproductive health care. All programmes have been developed to have a positive impact on the health and wellbeing of mother and child by minimizing maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality.
Maternity Africa is committed to its mission of making childbirth safe and demonstrating the love and compassion of Christ to all regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
We are looking to hire an all-round maintenance person to who will inspect different equipment (medical and non-medical) and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. To do well in this role you should have previous experience in plumbing, painting, basic carpentry, electrical, and basic machinery/equipment’s maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, and be able to read repair manuals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary.
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
- Assume responsibility for all the maintenance equipment and tools
- Keep the workshop in a neat and orderly fashion
- Request for purchasing of goods through the finance department
- Maintain a service record of all equipment that is in the hospital
- Will assume the role of Environmental Health Officer as to conform to Health Centre Requirements
- Take on any other roles and responsibilities that arise in the day to day running of the centre, supporting it to become a place of kindness, compassion and clinical excellence
Key Qualification, Specifications and Experience
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized university or Institution.
Certificate of Secondary ducation
- Proven maintenance experience.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts.
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogues as necessary.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience operating hand and power tools, soldering and fault-testing equipment
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually/under no supervision
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to send their cover letter (Max of a Page), Curriculum Vitae (Max of 4 pages), Professional Certificates to email@example.com. Application should be sent by 31st May, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!
Leave a Reply