About Tembo Nickel Corporation
Tembo Nickel Corporation (“Tembo”) is an operating company formed via the Framework Agreement (19 January 2021) between Kabanga Nickel Limited and the Government of Tanzania for development of the Kabanga nickel deposits in the Ngara District in the Northwest of Tanzania. Under the Framework Agreement terms, Tembo (owned 84% by Kabanga Nickel Limited and 16% by the Government of Tanzania) has been formally established for the mining, processing and refining of Class 1 nickel with cobalt and copper co-products. Tembo is the Swahili word for elephant and represents strength, community and longevity. Tembo Nickel aims to become a sustainable, inclusive and responsible company supplying critical battery minerals to the world.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND RESETTLEMENT MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER (1)
Tembo Nickel is seeking to recruit Community Relations (CR) Resettlement Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) to join Tembo Nickel Project Team. The CR and Resettlement M&E Officer will provide assurance that the execution of all CR and resettlement related activities are compliant with Tembo Nickel values and social impact management commitments, the regulations of the Government of Tanzania, and international standards and principles (IFC PS 5). This is a Fixed Term contract of 1 Year and the successful candidate will report to the CR Team Lead and Resettlement Team Lead Duty Station: Tembo Nickel Project Site – Ngara
Duties and Responsibilities
- The M&E Officer will work with technical support and direction from the Consultant and Resettlement Project Lead.
- Establish a Participatory Resettlement Monitoring and Evaluation System for all CR and resettlement related The CR and Resettlement M&E System should continuously assess whether CR and RAP commitments are being met in a timely and consistent manner (compliance monitoring); and are sustainably maintaining and improving the quality of life of Project Affected People (effectiveness monitoring).
- Develop participatory project management tools for use by all resettlement projects staff and related departments.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative data collection tools
- Support the Resettlement Database Officer to ensure that the Resettlement Monitoring and Evaluation System is integrated with relevant management information systems and databases
- Ensure that CR and RAP related monitoring and evaluation information is available to internal and external stakeholders in a timely and efficient
- Ensure that CR and RAP related studies, assessments, and research is consistent with RAP data collection and M&E processes
- Develop reporting systems to collect required information from third-party actors and external partners
- Provide quality assurance to all CR and resettlement related activities
- Ensure a consistent approach to the planning, monitoring, and reporting of CR and resettlement related activities
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or project Management
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same or related role
- Computer literate and fully conversant with basic computer applications
- Experience in resettlement projects will be an added advantage
- Being conversant with various M& E tools is mandatory
Tembo Nickel offers a competitive remuneration package and ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Applicants are invited to send their resumes indicating the role tile in the subject via email email@example.com or by post to Tembo Nickel, P.O. Box 65, Rulenge.
Application closing date is 15th February,2022
Note: We are committed to provide equal employment opportunities based on merits and we do not charge candidates any fees in the whole recruitment process
The post M&E Officer at Tembo Nickel Corporation February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.