Mechanical Technician at at Mbeya Cement Company Limited
Mbeya Cement Company Limited is a subsidiary of Holcim Group based in Switzerland with operations in Africa. Europe. Asia, and America. Holcim is the leading global company innovative and sustainable building and construction solutions.
Mbeya Cement Company Limited is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Mechanical Technician, to be based in Mbeya Plant, on a permanent employment contract.
Position Reporting TO Mechanical Supervisor.
Summary Of Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute all planned mechanical activities while adhering to required safety standards;
- Report on resource and time usage, job scope expansions, rework, or deferred maintenance as necessary, and ensure all tasks and activities are updated;
- Implement routine Preventive Maintenance checks, including vibration and temperature inspections on designated rotating equipment, and ensure accurate logging and recording of all readings;
- Repair static equipment as need, including valves, paper work, pressure vessels, and tanks Other components;
- Ensure compliance with standards , tolerances, and fits, and apply sound engineering practices all tasks within your preview. whether on-site or occasionally In contractor workshops;
- Troubleshoot and conduct basic Root Cause Analysis for equipment and machinery, identifying any issues and reporting them accordingly:
- Attend daily planning meetings organized by the Mechanical Manager.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum Of three years Of experience in the clinker and cement manufacturing industry
Technical Competencies Additional Skills:
- Mechanical upgrading skills (Fitter Welding, and Turning)
- Belt splicing technology (Cold repair, cold and hot splicing, pulley lagging, and belt alignment)
- Bearing technology and lubrication
- Familiarity with work and safety rules and regulations
- Proficiency with relevant equipment
- Hands-on experience with equipment
- Knowledge of relevant software
How to Apply:
Applicants are invited to submit their CVs and Cover letters via: email@example.com indicating the position applied for in the subject of the email.
The deadline for submission Of the applications is 17 August 2023.