Job Title : Medical Services Officer
Location: Tanzania, Dar es Salaam
Department : Medical Services
Reports To : Medical Services Manager
Date : 29th August 2023
NOTE: Preferably From South Africa
Medical Services Officer (MSO) shall support the Medical Services Manager in development, implementation, and monitoring of the patient care delivery system and related clinical practice standards. Responsible for the quality of clinical care excellence and provides leadership, planning, coordination, management, and evaluation of medical services. Accountable for insuring quality, financials, medical team’s engagement, and patient experience in alignment with the organization’s strategic goals.
- Demonstrates ability to translate evidence -based data into practice.
- Collaborates with other departments to identify and develop educational programs to maintain the skill set of medical staff and foster professional growth.
- Holds staff accountable for regulatory and educational compliance.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional development to ensure current knowledge in the profession/position.
- Ensures organization’s clinical compliance with international standards through policies and practices.
- Is responsible for the quality of services provided including identification of performance improvement and patient safety opportunities, in addition to developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating quality, safety and clinical excellence initiatives
- Providing clinical advice, mentoring, support and governance of the medical services.
- Managing the clinical excellence agenda in the further development of robust systems and processes throughout the organization in relation to clinical governance and quality.
- Encompassing risk management, patient experience, clinical audit and clinical excellence programmes.
- Liaise and do extensive customer care to clients so that to ensure TMHS secure contracts and good relationship with customers within medical services department.
- To conduct site audits and inspections to all TMHS operated clinics and ambulances in order to identify technical gaps and thereafter prepare and implement proper plan to correct all technical gaps
- Bachelor’s degree in Emergency Medical Care (BEMC) or Bachelor’s degree in Technology (BTech) from reputable University or Institute.
- Possess valid practicing license.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS) or equivalent
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) or Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or International Trauma Life Support (ITLS) or equivalent
- Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) or its equivalent
Minimum of 10 years’ working experience. With at least 5 years working at an emergency care unit / emergency medical services in well recognized facility, more than five years working in remote site clinic, experience in Oil and gas will be added advantage
Primary work area will BE Dar es Salaam with travelling to different regions of Tanzania and Uganda
Interested applicants are required to submit a cover letter with current CV & Certificates for consideration to: firstname.lastname@example.org before 29th August 2023.