Merchant Payments – SME Manager
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Responsible for driving M-Pesa merchant payments ecosystem and develop cashless society through Initiatives that will grow and promote merchant payments across the small and medium size enterprises. Create and execute SME merchant payment strategy & provision of expert knowledge. Interacts with other teams within the function or work area, plans and controls resources required for delivery
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Create and execute SME merchant acquisition strategy (both online merchants and offline
- Create and execute marketing & promotion strategy to increase customer adoption
- Identify opportunities and develop new products, using data and insight to establish the consumer’s problem or unmet need
- Build a merchant payments ecosystem and VAS services that will attract merchants and drive adoptiom
- Ensure delivery of all Merchant payment targets mainly active merchants and customers, revenue, value transactions and other payment channels targets
Key performance indicators:
- Active SME Merchants Market, Value & Revenue share
- Accurate and timely delivery of the SME Merchant plans specified on the calendar
- End to end execution of SME Merchants propositions and engagement plans
- Quality of support and stakeholder alignment
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Project Management – experience with management of project, teams & achieving deadlines
- Commercially astute – solid understanding of market, competitor, & business
- Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the merchant business portfolio;
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
- Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout Merchant section
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing expert word processor and PowerPoint skills a distinct advantage
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience industry or functional experience.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or its equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Build and maintain relationship with key stakeholders in the value chain.
- Telecommunications experience would be advantageous.
- Project knowledge and experience would be advantageous.
- Assists, advises and executes processes and activities related to the design, development and implementation of sales programmes and tools to meet the business objectives;
- Supervises a team of sales professionals who measure, analyse and report on key sales activities, identifying areas for improvement and opportunities to improve sales and service that will impact revenue, market share and customer experience;
- Builds strong relations to support with negotiations and signing up contracts;
- Uses best practice knowledge to provide thought leadership through extensive sales experience to achieve sales and revenue targets within area of responsibility;
- Effectively interacts with internal teams to ensure adherence to training requirements, across all sales channels, and looks to identify skills gaps in line with Learning and Development teams;
- Responsible for providing sales reporting.
- Selling Business Outcomes
- Managing the Sales Cycle
- Commercial Acumen in the B2B Environment
- Customer Centricity
- Application of Vodafone Business Sales Tools
- B2B Product Knowledge and Proposition Delivery
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.