Dar es Salaam
Vodacom Tanzania Plc
Vodacom Tanzania Limited is Tanzania’s leading cellular network company.
Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Date Posted: 28 Jul 2023
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Responsible for driving M-Pesa merchant payments ecosystem and develop cashless society through Initiatives that will grow and promote merchant payments via multiple strategic partnerships projects, strategic alliance projects as well as marketing and promotion campaigns projects. Support Merchant department in overseeing all Projects being delivered throughout the department, tracking and updating the team projects on weekly basis and acting as a point of escalation on projects, as required.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Develop a detailed annual project plan to monitor and track project progress to meet budgetary objectives and adjusts project constraints in consultation with managers and HOD
- Establish clear project processes and templates for the Project Team. Organise quarterly leadership meetings to review, track and re-establish objectives and budget reviews.
- Establish and maintain high quality and timely project reporting, and communications in alignment to the specific company requirements, and finance standards.
- Keep stakeholders informed throughout the project lifecycle; including aligning projects with business objectives, constructing detailed work plans, managing teams, achieving milestones, and communicating the results to stakeholders. All of this takes place within the framework of achieving Lipa goals and annual KPIs
- In collaboration with managers & HOD ensure that the project results, and targets are monitored and adjusted as necessary as well as an annual work plans developed, which reflect the objectives of the project. (gathering, reporting and analyzing performance data for impact and sustainability of project implementation in each region.)
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Project Management – experience with management of project, teams & achieving deadlines
- Commercially astute – solid understanding of market, competitor, & business
- Strategically Oriented – solid understanding of the integrated set of products and services included within the merchant business portfolio;
- Strong Analytical skills – able to assess reports, identify issues, root cause, and recommend solutions, expert spread sheet skills
- Financial Management – develop and manage budgets, drive down costs wherever possible.
- Inspirational Leadership – develop and maintain great working environment throughout Merchant section
- Presentation and communication skills – superior, both written and oral. Experience in report writing expert word processor and PowerPoint skills a distinct advantage
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience industry or functional experience.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or its equivalent.
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
- Build and maintain relationship with key stakeholders in the value chain.
- Telecommunications experience would be advantageous.
- Project knowledge and experience would be advantageous.
Not a perfect fit?
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
What’s in it for you
Together we can
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
How To Apply