POSITION TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Director
LOCATION: Dar es Salam, Tanzania
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the M&E Director will provide leadership and management oversight of research, monitoring and evaluation activities for the project in alignment with the YES results framework. This includes leading the collaborative learning and adaptation activities. The position will be based in Dar es Salam, Tanzania and the position is contingent upon program award and USAID approval.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- With guidance from the Chief of Party (COP) , design and establish a project monitoring, evaluation, and learning system, including defining project indicators and sources of data and developing the project performance monitoring plan.
- Implement capacity-building activities to increase the ability of key staff across all levels to identify, collect, analyze, report on, and use high quality data through information technology systems in support of the YES activity indicators.
- Work closely with the COP to improve the capacity of to implement high quality data feedback systems to facilitate evidence-based policies and programming.
- Lead the project’s operational research as necessary.
- Oversee collection, analysis and reporting of data for the project’s baseline and routine project monitoring.
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of project performance monitoring reports and contribute to annual workplans and other regular project reports.
- Organize and carry out a capacity-building plan to increase the ability of all project staff to identify, collect, analyze, and report on high quality performance monitoring data.
- Develop and implement quantitative and qualitative research instruments and research/evaluation protocols as necessary.
- Support the development of success stories and lessons learned in project implementation.
- Present the results of program achievements and outputs in written reports and at conferences and meetings.
- Supervise direct reports with particular focus on their key tasks and the quality of project deliverables.
- Master’s degree in statistics, social science, development economics or a related field
- 10 years of experience with Master’s degree or 5 years with PhD in data management and analysis for M&E, learning, and adaptive management
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing M&E systems in complex donor-funded development projects.
- Experience implementing M&E activities in system strengthening projects desirable
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and other MS Office software; data analysis software, e.g. SPSS or Stata
- Experience conducting monitoring, evaluation and research tasks related to technical areas.
- Experience in conducting qualitative and quantitative research, with demonstrated experience managing data collection teams.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written English skills for writing M&E reports and deliverables for USAID and project stakeholders.
- Strong management skills to manage M&E support staff and activities.
How to Apply
All applications must be received by 10th March 2022. The subject line must mention the position. Send resume/CV, and cover letter as ONE PDF document to:
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
T-MARC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. T-MARC provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.
The post Monitoring and Evaluation Director at T-MARC Tanzania March, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.