Midwife Supervisor Vacancy at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Title: MIDWIFE SUPERVISOR
Direct Reports: Midwife Activity Manager.
Location: Nduta Camp Kibondo.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Bachelor degree in Midwifery or Diploma of Midwife
- Must be Registered by Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council (TNMC) with Valid License to Practice.
- Essential 2 years of previous experience in related jobs Minimum 2year experience as Midwife
- Essential mission language: English and Swahili (Kirundi and/or French will be a plus.)
Objectives of the position:
- Supervising the clinical activities and guaranteeing the quality of midwifery care in the department, ac-cording to MSF protocols ,values and universal hygiene standards in order to provide a high quality Mother and Child Health (MCH) care to the population
- Supervising, supporting, and evaluating the team under his/her responsibility particularly midwives, midwife assistants/nurse aids and other related staff in his/her team such as cleaners. Planning and organizing their work (areas, days, absences, visits, holidays, etc) identification of training needs, provide trainings and coaching them in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Carry out the functions and tasks associated to midwifery i.e., perform as a midwife whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience
- Ensuring teamwork and a professional relationship between maternity and other departments.
- Supervising the clinical activities in all the maternity departments and activities such as ante-natal consultations, delivery and after delivery follow up, post-natal consultations, family planning consultations, new-born vaccinations and liaising with other staff members (Medical Doctors, Psychologist/Mental Health, Health promotion Team) about the patients who need special care times, visiting hours, etc.
- Ensuring that the staff on duty knows, implements, and always follows the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection prevention and control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene and general quality of care in the working environment.
- Ensuring that all staff using medical devices are qualified and trained, cleaning and minor maintenance tasks are performed according to the protocols, reporting any malfunction to the project biomedical service as well as maintenance of the medical equipment.
- Being responsible for the department-related pharmacy activities (stock inventories, ordering, follow-up the expired drugs, storage conditions and consumption monitoring) to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness of the activities in the department.
- Being responsible for ensuring that all the administrative procedures, patients’ data and documents are filled in correctly and registered for compiling monthly reports reflecting the activity in the department.
- Being responsible for ensuring that the maternity staff can identify, receive, and provide care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the Midwife Activity Manager, SGBV focal person and following the protocols.
- Being responsible for following up of the referrals cases in Kibondo in collaboration with Kibondo focal person, keep a good relationship with the team in Kibondo and be sure that the team of Nduta doing well the hand over
Professional and Competencies:
- Knowledgeable in Tropical diseases / Desirable computer literacy
- Stress management
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than 14 September 2023 at 4:00 pm. Please quote the job title on the email subject “MIDWIFE SUPERVISOR”.
Please send your application to the email address: MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org .The applications can also be sent to P.O.Box 83, Kibondo or submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- People living with disability and minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances.
If you have any questions or requests, you can contact MSFCH-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted