Title: NURSE AID
Direct Reports: Nurse Team Supervisor
Location: Nduta Camp (Kibondo, Kigoma Region)
NATIONAL STAFF ONLY
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
Certificate in Nursing and Midwifery.
- Desired: Experience as nurse aid, or similar
- Must be Registered by Tanzania Nursing and Midwifery Council (TNMC) with Valid License to Practice
- Essential: Swahili. Kirundi, French and English are a plus.
Objectives of the position:
- Assisting in the nursing activities with hospitalised patients, according to nurses and doctors’ prescription, universal hygiene standards and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients.
- Assisting the nurse in organizing and providing care and treatments to patients, respecting at all times, the rules of hygiene, safety, comfort, dignity, medical secret and patient confidentiality. Giving response to nurse’s requirements in case of an emergency
- Participating in the surveillance and monitoring of the patient and reporting to the nurse any relevant information. Compensating patients’ possible lack of autonomy by assisting and helping them in feeding, personal hygiene, movements and general comfort
- Participating in the monitoring of nursing activities (correctly fill in patient files, etc.) and ensuring a relevant transfer of information between duty teams. Reporting any problem arising in the care unit, especially the loss, robbery or damage of equipment or medicines.
- Ensuring cleanliness of his/her working environment (including facilities, material, linen, equipment, and carrying out the sorting and disposal of waste)
- Working together with the nurses, cleaners and caretakers.
- Participating actively in the hospital platform (meetings, committee,.), trainings and in the basic health education sessions
- Participating in any other related activities as requested by the line manager
- Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
- The OPD and Triage nurse Aid must triage all patients in accordance with IITT and implement emergency treatment measures as per MSF protocols.
- In quality care aspect, dating venous caterers, nasogastric tubes and the open infusions bag.
- Ensure vital signs are taken at the respected times and at times of deterioration and report and act any abnormalities
- Register as soon as possible the consumption of drugs in the tally sheet. And report rupture or deterioration on materials.
- Respect Infection Control and Prevention procedures
- Patients who receive feedings via NGT are given and monitored well
- Others task related to patients’ management despite the department
Main competencies and knowledge:
- Maintain a calm, helpful demeanour and respect interactions with staff, patients and patients’ families
- Work in a professional manner within a collaborative multidisciplinary team environment
- Integrity and calmness
- High commitment to MSF Principles
How To Apply
All interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than 14 of September 2023 at 4:00 pm. Please quote the job title on the email subject “NURSE AID”.
Please send your application to the email address MSFCH-Tanzania-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org. The applications can also be sent to P.O.Box 83, Kibondo or submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- People living with disability and minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances.
If you have any questions or requests, you can contact MSFCH-Tanzania-HrManager@geneva.msf.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.