Position: Nurse (1 Post)
Reports To: Study Coordinator
Work Station: Bagamoyo
Apply By: March 8 th 2023
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara seeks a qualified and experienced individual to work as a Nurse. The Enrolled Nurse (EN), to be based at Fukayose and Kiwanga study sites, will play a key role in provision of research nursing services, day to day planning and execution of clinical study activities. The Nurse will also act as a team player for a clinical study team consisting of research nurses and study physicians.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and contribute to the design of data collection tools such as source documents and case report forms.
- Educate volunteers on the study by using approved study information tools.
- Obtain informed consent from the study participants or their parents/guardians.
- Perform and document vital sign and anthropometry assessment.
- Collect and label blood, serum, urine and other specimens from study participants for analyses as described in the protocol or as requested by study clinicians.
- Assist senior study nurse in developing work flow procedures and duty roster during clinical trial implementation.
- Counsel volunteers with respect to medical conditions and provides appropriate guidance related to research activities, Collect and document data as defined in the study protocols.
- Assess patient needs in order to diagnose, plan and implement appropriate nursing care for participants in clinical trials in accordance to the treatment guidelines.
- Take patients’ vital signs. Serve and/or feed patients if needed.
- Ensure all study participants are aware of their rights and have signed consent forms.
- Maintain relevant medical records on participants, treatment etc. as may be required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Study Coordinator, the Project Leader and other supervisors.
Qualification and Experience
- At least a certificate in Nursing and Midwifery.
- Proven experience in working in facility settings.
- Enrolled and allowed to practice as EN by the TNMC.
Skills and Competencies
- Proficient IV and phlebotomy skills.
- Excellent diagnostic skills, fine manual dexterity for repetitive task.
- Attentive to detail with strong follow through ability.
- Proactive and confident with strong ethics, Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Able and willing to take and follow instruction and to learn.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, Strong organizational skills and Hard Working.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Team worker, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, punctual and high integrity
- Well groomed; neat and clean appearance.
- Experience with computer programs at least intermediate level with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and Able to work flexible hours including weekends.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 17:00 hours on Wednesday March 8th 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include: NURSE – LMI PROJECT. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Leave a Reply