ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Operator 1 – Equipment
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant
R Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Day Services
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to operate the processing plant and associated equipment in a safe, productive, and efficient manner, to maximize plant performance without effecting the environment or health and safety of personnel. The processing operators will be involved in all aspects of mineral processing, including reagents mixing and steel balls addition, mills relining, operational equipment maintenance and general plant housekeeping. Cardinal is that the incumbent will work in teams, and shift work if required.
- A minimum Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE)
- Employees must have sufficient education to read and write instructions, perform simple mathematical calculations, and keep records.
- Possession of Certificate or Diploma in Minerals Processing will be an added advantage if any.
- Computer literacy will be added advantage
- Previous operating experience in a mineral processing environment, preferably gold will be added advantage.
- Exposure to gold mining industry.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Always act in a manner that seeks to enhance the safety culture and performance of GGM and ensures that the vital behaviours are always adhered to.
- Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct hazards.
- General Plant Housekeeping.
- General Inspections of the area (Safety showers, gas monitors, reagents pumps, valves, chemical spills, reagents shade fence, pipelines, chemical storage tanks, safety sign, and overhead crane.
- Process Plant operational equipment maintenance i.e., cyclones, interbank screens, vibration screens and Knelson’s concentrator bowl cleaning.
- Reagents mixing and addition i.e., cyanide and steel balls
- Involved in SAG mill and Ball mills reline
- Clean the strainers for all reagents mixing facilities every week to ensure there is no blockages for reagent transferring.
- Ensuring production activities achieve maximum effective use of the plant and equipment by continual monitoring.
- Assisting in the development of competencies of other employees were directed
- Immediately report equipment faults to prevent further deterioration
- Safely isolate processing equipment for planned or unplanned shutdowns
- Clean criminal record or any other security incident
- Fluent in Swahili or English or both
- Be able to work at minimum supervision
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Operator 1 – Equipment.”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 8th February 2022 at 5:30 PM
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
The post Operator 1 – Equipment at Geita Gold Mining Ltd February, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.