With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
WVT Staffing Solution : (Recruitment, Orientation, and Onboarding) (20%)
- P&C Business Partnering with WVT hiring managers to assess and observe the WVT P&C Division recruitment compliance, orientation, and onboarding services
- Develop and monitor the WVT workforce plans and recruitment plans to ensure timely implementation in accordance with WV P&C standards, P&C LEADER score card and WVT budgets
- Provide technical support and/or coordination support in recruitment, orientations, and onboarding operations with WVT P&C recruiters and respective hiring managers. These include facilitating the orientation process of new staff and ensuring that P&C core documents are signed and filed (i.e. Police Background checks, Disclosure form/conflict of interest, Child protection, Employee Code of conduct, Core values, mission, vision & employee manual.)
- Participate in staff interview sessions when required and also provide guidance to the interview panel members or WVT P&C recruiters on the required compliance of WV recruitment standards of integrity and transparency.
- Participate in the project proposal development process when required with the P&C Specialist – Grants to capture staffing needs for recruitment planning and early warning recruitments.
- Regularly review, audit, and improve interview reports/minutes and interview assessment tests tools and documentation used for WVT recruitment processes
- Timely Recruitments
- Having the required skills and knowledge for Program and Grants Positions
- A very well Oriented Candidates hence achievement of WVT Strategy
Performance Management (20%)
- Monitor the setting of performance agreements and the periodic performance appraisal for staff at the National Office and regions
- Promote performance culture in world vision
- Facilitate the development of performance agreements for all staff
- Consolidate performance management information for use in decision-making
- Management of performance feedback to the employee
- Having an Organization with good Performance Culture
Business Partnering on P&C process and systems (15%)
- Business Partnering on P&C process and systems
- Acts as a single point of contact for the employees and managers of the designated departments
- Proactively supports the delivery of HR Processes in each Department
- Manage change management projects cross-functionally
- Builds a strong business relationship with the internal client
- Actively support line managers to identify gaps, proposes and implement changes necessary to cover risks
- Facilitate the management team to bring the best solutions for employees
- Implement talent management initiatives and succession plans for key talents and key job positions
- Periodic review of the organizational structures with line managers and proposes changes
- Effective business partnership with P&C Stakeholders
People & Culture Analysis and Reporting (5%)
- Provide and ensure quality and timely submission of the P&C monthly report by the 25th of the month as agreed based on the P&C Division dashboards and the WVI P&C LEADER scorecard
- Support in monitoring the P&C Division budget utilization on a quarterly basis.
- Provide Timely support on P&C Business Partnership
Staff Development (20%)
- Provide support to line managers on Capacity Building initiatives
- Participate in the Departmental Training Needs Assessment
- Resource person in disseminating P&C policies and procedures
- Support the performance agreement and appraisal process within the Departments
- Training line managers on HR standards, policies, legal implications of decisions, and general leadership skills
- Training line managers and staff on performance management and coaching
- Staff will have the required skills and knowledge for the job
- Staff will be aware of WVT and P&C Policies and Procedures
- Managers will be Capacitated on Leadership and Management Skills
Staff Relations and Staff Engagement (15%)
- Support the P&C staff well-being initiatives and Staff engagement surveys as well as carry out regular HR field visits to help address nationally hired staff concerns that may need attention.
- Coordinate with Regional People and Culture officers in carrying out HR well-being surveys
- Educating staff on organizational initiatives for their welfare and safety at work
- Participate and be available at the quarterly meetings in other Departments for P&C initiatives
- Having Strong Employee Engagement Programs
- Making WVT an Employer of Choice hence increases Staff Retention
Support the P&C initiatives on any assigned tasks or projects (5%)
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Three (3) years in Human Resource Management
- 3 – 4 years of Human Resource Management experience in a large International NGO
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, or a related field of Human Resource Management.
- A Master’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, or a related field is an added advantage
- Fluent in English and Swahili
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Good knowledge of normal organizational policies, Tanzania labor law, and legal requirements
- Good skills in conflict resolution/problem-solving, teamwork, crisis management, training facilitation, and coaching.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills
- Good understanding of World Vision operations
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and partners at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work
- Ability to exhibit an exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in the specific local context.
- Proven candidate sourcing and relationship-building skills.
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment. Experience in a hardship context will be an added advantage.
- High level of commitment and working with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to World Vision objectives and ministry, mission statement, and core values
- Able to manage multiple priorities in cross-cultural teams and prioritize under pressure
- Able to respond to deadlines.
- Well-organized in work and filing systems.
- Integrity and strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer Service orientation.
- Fluency in English (written and verbal skills).
- Strong computer skills (MS Word and MS PowerPoint), with solid proficiency in managing databases and MS Excel.
- Able to work under pressure in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, especially by phone and e-mail.
- Ability to work well within a team and to build and promote team spirit.
- Comfortable interacting with people from various cultures and levels within the organization
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- Office-based travel to WVT field offices
- Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
People & Culture Manager
- This is the first-line manager
- Provide Technical Support regarding People & Culture
- Staff Development
- Employee Engagement & Relations
Senior Leadership Team
- Advising management on staff issues
- Implementation of P&C Workforce Plan
- Handle employee issues
- All Major Decisions are escalated to P&C Manager
- Be Safe and Resilient
- Deliver Results
- Build Relationships
- Be Accountable
- Learn and Develop
- Improve and Innovate
- Partner and Collaborate
- Embrace Change
- Model Self-Management
- Engage, Influence, Lead, and Grow Others
- Run an Effective and Agile Organization
- Develop the Organization for the Future
- This Position is Based in Arusha, National Office
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Leave a Reply