People & Culture Generalist
Dar Es Salaam,
Wasoko is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionising access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Wasoko aims to provide everything a retailer needs, with no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and Uganda use Wasoko’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: People & Culture Generalist- Tanzania
You will support teams and managers by fostering the company values and culture while providing HR guidance. You will provide people operations advice, and support and help nurture talent throughout the employee life cycle.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The onboarding process for new employees.
- Managing staff wellness initiatives.
- Improving relations between staff and the company.
- Use HR data to make key decisions and advise the leadership.
- Drafting employee contracts, visas, bank promotions and bonus letters.
- Managing staff lists and ensuring up-to-date and comprehensive information.
- Assisting in monitoring staff absence and leave management.
- Managing employee records and ensuring all documents are in the personal files.
- Updating employee details on the company HR systems.
- Guiding the business partners on the Tanzania labour law and supporting in disciplinary hearings.
- Managing HR Metrics reports, including monthly employee matrix reports, monthly exit reports and team update reports.
- Lead core HR processes across business units (performance calibration, compensation cycle, promotions).
- Managing the salary advance, Casuals and internship payroll.
- Counsel employees on issues that affect their productivity.
- Application of all work permits, special passes and other immigration work-related documents.
- Managing external vendors, medical insurance, office supplies, office lunch and consultants.
- Assist in implementing HR projects and consistently being accountable for all agreed deliverables.
The following experience is preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/ Business or a related field from a recognised institution.
- Previous experience in human resource management.
- Must be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people.
- Must be a flexible person with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must have analytical and people skills.
- Must be very organized and good at time management.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity, including excellent flexibility and adaptability.
- Commitment to the highest standards of quality.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to think with strategic vision and analytical rigour.
- Ability to learn quickly in a highly dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Excellent emotional intelligence, including empathy, awareness and the ability to develop highly collaborative relationships.
- A skilled influencer and decisive thinker with the courage to raise challenges with credibility and sensitivity.
- Action-orientated, entrepreneurial and innovative.
- A commitment to Wasoko’s mission and values.
Leave a Reply