PHAMACIST (1 POST)
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR Mbeya Medical Research Centre (MMRC) is one of the NIMR Centres located in Mbeya. The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill vacant position whose duty station will be in Mbeya City.
JOB POSITION: PHAMACIST (1 POST)
To assist clinical staff with the conduct of clinical trials including drug storage and management, randomization and dispensing procedures, communication with local authorities and assuring compliance with the study protocol and GCP/ICH guidelines for all procedures.
The Pharmacist will report and work under the Head of Pharmacy and TB & Emerging Diseases Research.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ordering, correct storage and stock keeping of drug supply in the pharmacy department;
- Maintain ordering and storage of the study drugs under controlled specified conditions;
- Communicating with local authorities to facilitate the trials activities as required;
- Maintain accurate and complete record of used and unused (investigational) drugs;
- Oversee the quality, efficiency and good functioning of temperature monitoring systems to ensure quality of (trial) medication;
- Full understanding and implementation of protocol requirements for the study drugs;
- Dispensing, counseling and provide professional advise to the trial subjects;
- Maintain GCP/ICH and ethics as required;
- Recommend purchase of drugs and medical equipment;
- Be involved in research work in study design; ensure proper documentation and filling of forms, report writing and publication of study results;
- Develop SOPs and Logs as required;
- Use of Safety Work bench as required;
- Maintain all devices used in the pharmacy in good condition;
- To perform any other relevant duties assigned by supervisor;
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCES:
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy from recognized institutions;
- Must have successful completed one (1) year Internship and be registered by the Pharmacy Council;
- At least one year working experience in clinical trial setting;
- Valid professional license from the Pharmacy Council;
- Must have a thorough knowledge of clinical research concepts, practices, and regulatory and ICH GCP
- Guidelines regarding drug/vaccine development phases, clinical research and data management methods;
- Able to work under pressure and multi-tasking settings with high level of integrity
- Strong language skills fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili including presentation skills;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to organize time appropriately and effectively;
- Self-motivated, able to work independently under minimal supervision to complete tasks and respond to appropriate project authority requests and to collaborate with others;
- A team player with a strong organization, planning with ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet requirements and deadlines;
- The applicant should be a Tanzanian below 45 years old.
TERMS: One (1) year contract which may be renewed by mutual agreement bases of performance and availability of funds.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All applications should be enclosed with certified copies of relevant certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and names of at least two reliable referees.
Applicants are required to submit their applications not later than two weeks after the first appearance of this advert.
Applicants are also reminded to indicate reliable day time contact information.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
In case you do not hear from us in two weeks’ time after the closing date consider yourself unsuccessful.
In your application letter use the address below:
THE CENTRE MANAGER, NIMR – MBEYA MEDICAL RESEARCH CENTRE, P.O. BOX 2410, MBEYA, TANZANIA. Please Use the Link Below to apply, we do not accept the hard copy or email submission. Deadline of submission is 11st April, 2023
Leave a Reply