Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Plant Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and to ensure activities in the Plant engineering section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering Manager.
Duration: 2 year contract
- Work with superintendents, engineers, technologists and technicians to provide engineering services and support to mining and processing activities organise, install and operate the mechanical equipment and systems at the mine site
- Oversee the maintenance, repair and support of mechanical equipment and systems by operators and mechanics
- Prepare, check and approve calculations, documents, drawings, cost estimates and tests in compliance with quality assurance policies
- Perform engineering functions related to Capex/plant improvement projects for all processing equipment, including crushers, conveyors, milling equipment, etc.
- Investigate the root cause and failure analysis of mechanical failures and maintenance problems
- Supervise contractors, negotiate changes, control quality, measure work done, approve and accept works
- Track and control projects to deliver them within their approved scope, quality, budget, and schedule
- Conduct and support incident investigations and RCM, FMEA, and RCFA studies for mechanical equipment.
- Ensure mechanical records are comprehensively completed and archived, with emphasis on root cause identification, history briefs of repairs/failures and detailed records of internal and external inspections.
- Write reports, attend meetings, exchange information with other professionals, record and store information in compliance with legislation, regulations and company policies
- Play a leading role in ensuring safety, improving operational efficiency and quality, controlling production costs and minimising effects on the environment
- Make sure the mine is following safety regulations as set forth by the company, country, and international laws
- Work cooperatively with other departments, engineering disciplines, project managers, supply chain and management to optimise production, reduce costs, solve problems and meet deadlines
- Supervise junior engineers and technicians and assist supervisors in building an efficient workforce
- Continuous improvement of affective reliability and availability
- Bachelors of Engineering in Electrical, Mechanical or equivalent qualifications.
- 5+ year’s relevant experience in the mining industry with proven working experience as a project administrator.
- Must be a professionally registered engineer with an accredited recognised body.
- Experience in process plant is essential.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency in equipment failure analysis techniques such as root cause failure analysis, FMEA and RCM.
- Motivated to grow and eventually gain more responsibility within the company
- Ability to mentor, work with people from a wide range of nationalities, cultures, willingness to share skills and knowledge with others as part of a development program towards all nationals
- Computer Literacy – MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook)
- Mine health & Safety awareness
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 16th February 2022
BEWARE OF FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The post Plant Engineer at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine January, 2022 appeared first on 2022/2023 Mabumbe.