Dar es Salaam
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank
ABOUT TANZANIA AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT BANK (TADB)
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank (TADB) is a state-owned development finance institution, operating under the Ministry of Finance and Planning, TADB was established in 2015 under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provision of the Banking and Financial Institution Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations.
TADB’s mandate is to provide short, medium, and long-term affordable credit facilities for achieving inclusive agriculture sector development in Tanzania.
To be a world-class model agriculture development bank that supports and promotes Tanzania’s agriculture transformation from subsistence to commercialized modern farming, as well as support the development of agriculture business in contributing to economic growth and poverty reduction.
To facilitate development and support transformation of the agriculture sector by providing short, medium, and long-term finance to agriculture projects in Tanzania that promote economic growth, food security, and reduction of poverty.
TADB is looking to fill in the below vacancies:
PRINCIPAL INTERNAL AUDITOR
1 VACANCY – PAR ES SALAAM
NATURE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The jobholder reports to the Head of Internal Audit. He/She is responsible for carrying out audit functions in the bank and to oversee compliance with approved financial and operational controls.
- To carry out periodic internal audits and timely issue draft report on each assignment in line with annual performance agreement,
- To conduct follow up to confirm implementation of previous audit recommendation and Board directives,
- To evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, governance and risk management processes and recommend for improvement/actions,
- To conduct review of audit manual. Charter and provide proposal for change in line with current professional practices.
- To conduct risk assessment and identify risk areas to be accommodated in annual audit plan,
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the Head of Internal Audi from time to time.
- Computer literacy, team player, high analytical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate consistent performance and meet targets set to ensure effective accomplishment of assignments,
- Ability to generate new ideas to add value to Internal Audit Unit and business performance.
- Possess an in-depth understanding of clients and their needs and monitors changes in their environments to effectively predict effect on the bank’s operations.
- Ability to build effective relationships with others.
- Ability to evaluate priorities across processes/teams and facilitates agreement to changing priorities and new challenges by monitoring progress of jobs and agreeing to work schedules.
- Risk Management: Must have thorough understanding of the principles and techniques of risk assessment and risk mitigation skills.
- Financial knowledge: Ability to analyze and interpret financial and operational data/in- formation and make recommendations.
- Audit Standards and Legislations: Excellent knowledge of International Accounting and Audit Standards, and Legislations
- Compliance and Regulatory Framework: Good understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirement as provided by BOT, TRA etc.
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and keen to detail
- Technology Skills: Ability to use of appropriate audit software for evidence collection, data analytics, test of controls, and compliance.
QUALIFICATION, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- Internationally recognized professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA, CIPFA or CPA (T).
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience in a banking industry and/or at a recognized audit firm at the Senior Officer level.
- Knowledge and skills in computer applications for auditing purposes like audit management software and data analytics.
- Leadership and management skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal-opportunity employer. The Bank does not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development, and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Applications should reach the undersigned no later than 4.00 pm on Monday, 17th of April 2023. If you have not heard from us four weeks after the closing date, consider yourself unsuccessful. EMAIL: email@example.com